Maine

5 months!!

My wedding is in 5 months....crazy!! I feel like it was a year away not too long ago. It makes me excited but also makes me feel like, whoa, I need to get on top of stuff!

I did manage to wrangle FI into talking about wedding details last night, the invitations mostly, since we are going to start working on those and get them printed very soon. He's so funny; I had ideas clipped and pictures saved of ones that I liked, and he was like, "Oh I don't care, whatever you like is good," then when I was showing him the pictures, he was so picky about them! He kept analyzing the text-to-white space ratio. He swears he's fine with whatever I pick, but honestly, I think he's harder to please!

But I'm very glad to get his honest opinion since I'm so indecisive about things -- it helps to narrow things down.

I can't remember -- anyone else on this board getting married June 12 too? If so, yay on the 5 month mark!
Anniversary

Re: 5 months!!

• edited December 2011
    I am!!!! Im getting so nervous but so excited!! Did you already find a florist?
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I haven't found a florist yet, not really. I talked with one in Bridgton, where the wedding is, but haven't finalized anything. I'll probably go with him since he's close to the wedding venue. What about you? Where are you getting married?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Yeah we just got in contact with a florist in raymond that we're supposed to go meet with. I'm actually from bridgton, but we're getting married in poland ( I think I talked to you awhile ago because we're both using maine platinum dj)...I feel like Im kind of behind lol, up until the last of december, I felt good about how we were doing then it was like Jan. hit and all of a sudden I feel way behind but I think we have all the major stuff out of the way so hopefully it will start to feel better as it gets closer!!

• edited December 2011
    I am june 17th! eeek!  where are you doing invites?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Mandolin: Sorry for my bad memory! I do remember talking to you before. What florist are you meeting with in Raymond? Someone recommended one to me  there but I can't remember who it was. The florist we met with was Warren's Florist...his prices seemed reasonable and I showed him pictures of what we were interested in and he said he could do it. I guess I don't know what else I should find out. I'm mostly motivated by price. Do you have any feedback on Warren's, being from the area? I couldn't find another florist in Bridgton itself, and don't want to pay a lot for delivery.

KK: You are the weekend after! Exciting! FI's dad owns a printing company, so he is doing our invites for us. I'm so grateful for him for doing it, and doing it for free!

I was feeling like I had things under control, but lately I've been realizing I need to get all the little things figured out. Just gotta make a list and keep plugging away...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Warrens is pretty good, I've only been there for little things but I have seen some bigger things that he has done that were beautiful. I have also heard that once you get past traditional flowers like roses and daisies etc. that he doesn't do so well..but I dont know that personally. He is the only one in bridgton though. We had one more but they went out a few months ago. Ours is the raymond village florist we didn't look much into them past the price and location either. But they seemed to be pretty good so we're excited. I cant believe how close its getting and how fast its flown by!!!!.....congrats kk also!!!
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked the Florist in Raymond.  http://www.raymondvillageflorist.com/

I wasn't impressed with the Bridgton Florist.
    edited December 2011
    Laughing. I just read the rest of the thread and Mandolin and I see to agree on the Warren's.  I loved the Raymond Village Florist.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know anything about Watkin's Florist? I doubt Raymond Village will do two weddings on the same day.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I found Watkin's to be expensive.
    edited December 2011
    There are two florists in Fryeburg.  Buttertown Florists and Cathy's floral.  I haven't been to either but it doesn't hurt to get prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards