Massachusetts

looking for affordable reception venue- worcester area!

Hey Everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone knew of an affordable place to have a reception in the Worcester area??  So far the only one that is the most affordable that I have found is Spencer Country Inn.   Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!  I'm trying to research things all the way from Mississippi so it is hard to get good info online!

Thanks in advance!

Re: looking for affordable reception venue- worcester area!

• irisheyes10irisheyes10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Everyone!
        I was wondering if anyone knew of an affordable place to have a reception in the Worcester area??  So far the only one that is the most affordable that I have found is Spencer Country Inn.   Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!  I'm trying to research things all the way from Mississippi so it is hard to get good info online!

Thanks in advance!
  • spreston21spreston21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at The Chocksett Inn in Sterling, MA (15-20 minutues north of Worcester) After visiting approximately 10 venues, The Chocksett Inn seemed to offer the most reasonable rates.  Good Luck!

• edited December 2011

I'm also having my reception at the Chocksett Inn (getting married at a local church).  We chose that venue after looking at about 4 places and researching many others online.  We are on a budget and their packages worked for us!

spreston21...what is your wedding date? 

• edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Zukas in Spencer. I know at the time it was very reasonable. I have not looked at their rates recently.
  • edited December 2011
    blissful meadows in uxbridge!  check it out, so beautiful and affordable
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is in Worcester where we went to college and our reception is in Gardner, MA at the Colonial Hotel. They have a ballroom and a tent. Definitely check it out! The Chocksett Inn is also beautiful.
  • DomFyfeDomFyfe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends what you are looking for. I visited a place yesterday that was very rustic, but beautiful called Arrowhead Acres in Uxbridge (not too far from Worcester). You can be married outside in their Chapel in the Pines (which is gorgeous - surrounding by magnificant pine trees) or inside the function hall in front of a stone fireplace mantel. The function hall is very tasteful and modern, and it is large (if you have 150 or less on your guest list I would say it is too big). The color palette of the hall is neutral so nothing will clash with your colors! The floors are grey stone. You hire a caterer which I think is nice, b/c there is more flexibility with that. And...I think the clincher is...if you would like to utilize it there is a fire pit not too far from the function hall, which apparently many wedding guests end up gravitating towards after the reception for great conversation! There is no doubt it is rustic, but beautiful. And the owner is a gem...really wonderful to talk to. It happens to be too large for my needs, but I think this place is fantastic particularly for a summer/fall wedding.
  • curlyknittercurlyknitter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maxwell-Silverman's in Worcester is super affordable and a fun place.  Definitely not your typical venue and by far the most affordable place I've seen so far.
  • edited December 2011
    We attended a wedding at the Chocksett and the food was fantastic.
    Also the Leicester Country Club has good rates in the winter.
  • KimL23KimL23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just went to a wedding at the Spencer Country Inn and it was gorgeous!

Our wedding is at the Colonial Hotel in Gardner. The packages worked really well with our budget :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am also considering the Spencer country inn, i have looked EVERYWHERE and we are on a budget and i have yet to find a place so affordable that includes everything it does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards