Connecticut

Where to put Kids' Activity Bags?

so I need to hand everything into my venue monday or tuesday, and it got me thinking about the kids' activity bags that I put together. Pretty much, I put together little gift bags of age appropriate stuff for the kids 12 and under (I had to do some sort of cut off somewhere, and this allowed for all of FI's neices and nephews to get something). For example, I have coloring books for the little kids, and electronic games like yahtzee and battleship for the older ones.

my question: where should I put them/how should the kids get them? should i just have my venue put them at the tables for me?

TIA for any help!
TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
Baby Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to put Kids' Activity Bags?

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would have the venue handle it. Either have in on their tables where they are sitting. Or if you are having this all at one table for the kids, put them there!

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'd have the venue put them at the kids' seats, possibly even with their names on them.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd have them at least at the tables where the children will be seated or at their actual seats if you're assigning seats too.

This way the parents don't have to search for ways to occupy their kids.

One thing to keep in mind: you may want to talk to your venue about talking to the parents of younger children in case they need items removed from the place settings.  DH and I went to a wedding in October where we sat with his cousin and her husband and their 5 kids.  She swiftly removed LOTS of breakable/noise-making items so they would not be destroyed. 
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pps. If your having a designated "kids area" then that's where you (or the venue) should place the goodie bags.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had originally wanted the beach pails to be placed at each child's setting. But instead, they were brought out to the kids by the waiters after they had eaten their meals. They took up a lot of room at the table (there were 4 kids at 1 table, and 1 at another.) This kept them busy while the adults finished their food, and during dancing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards