Favors

cupcake favors?

So as I wrote in the food board, my mom insist on buying us a cake even though my fiance and I want cupcakes and infact have already put a non-refundable down payment on them. Im trying to come up with a way to make everyones idea work and happy.

What do you ladies think about having a wedding cake and using the cupcakes as favors (wrapped up nicely in a box)?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: cupcake favors?

• msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it might be a little much.  But if you put it in a box, that's kind of a nice way to say "Hey, take this home".

Maybe come up with a cute way of saying "take the sweetness with you to enjoy later" or something like that.  I'm a little tired after all the turkey and can't think straight this morning. LOL
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    There is no such thing as too much cake.  Put a bow on those cuppers and you've got some great favors :)  I think Michael's has individual cupcake boxes that are reasonably priced.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing cupcakes in a jar! We wanted a sweet treats for everyone to take home that was packed slightly different than they are used to seeing. Here is the link if you are interested . http://mycakies.blogspot.com/2010/03/diy-cupcake-in-jar.html
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea. We thought about doing it because at the one venue we were very serious about a dessert was included in the package selection but I still wanted a cupcake tower as I feel they're very clever and neat looking.

You can never go wrong with edible favors!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We made cupcakes, boxed them, and stacked them on the tables as centerpieces.  Guests were then free to either eat them at the reception or take them home.

Here's how they were stacked:
    Small square vase, filled with water pearls, lit with a floralyte.  On top of that was a square piece of glass with the cupckaes stacked up.

• msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute!!!!!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • TheMsLuckyTheMsLucky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a nice idea! My friend actually had cake balls at her wedding reception. You can get them from any company (not just the one she used) or you can make them yourself.: http://www.blissyfit.com/2010/10/the-cake-ball-company/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards