California-Los Angeles

How much does a cake cost for 50-60 people?

The only thing my FI is asking for is a madhatter cake or a cake with a lot of design. Our reception will be for 50-60 people. How much does it cost for a cake with a lot of design?

Re: How much does a cake cost for 50-60 people?

• edited December 2011

This is was our wedding cake if I remember correctly our cake served 80 ppl the cost of the cake and I believe the cupcakes around was $700 BUT I had a credit from our venue so I have no doubt this cake would of cost about $1000 cux of all the details I wanted. The cupcakes were sooooo cute!!! We got LOTS of compliments.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I paid about $700 for a 3 tier cake, two flavors, tax and delivery. It fed about 75 people. That was with simple decoration.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a cake lady by the name of Donna who did my baby shower cake and my babys first birthday party cake.

If you send her a picture, she can duplicate it. If you want her contact information, I send me a PM.

Baby Shower Cake
    She turned this

Into this

I chose to go with Buttercream with Fontant Accents (NOT a fontant fan) and this cake was about $250 and I want to say it served about 75-85 people or so (with delivery). I don't recall her prices for all fondant but it may have been like $3.50 per slice or something.

Birthday Cake
    I told her the theme and I showed her some patterns of the paper items I was making and this is what she came up with. This is also buttercream with fondant accents.

I may have paid about $145 for this and a little personal cake and this may have been for about 50 people.

The cake is DELICIOUS too! I WILL be using her for my wedding and her prices start at just $2.50 per slice.

HTH!

P.S. Ignore the cupcakes...my cousin baked those and placed them on the cake table.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    Cute cake! She did a great job. My venue has a cake included for $150 through Cinderella Cakes in Newport Beach but I'm assuming for more decoration it will be a lot more. I will send you a PM anyway so just in case I can use an outside vendor, I'll give her a call.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm paying $335 for a 3 tier cake that fees 70 people. It has a design, but nothing elaborate. The design I did want would have come out to $665!
    Anniversary
  • 400.00 for 50 people
  • I would just say that I have been FLOORED at the price of cakes in LA. I'm going with a baker down in OC who will deliver to my LA venue and her prices are SO reasonable. Not sure what she would charge, but might be worth looking into if you want something affordable - http://www.twinfullysweet.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards