Rhode Island

Newport RI Bachelorette Help!

Good morning!

I'm looking to plan my friends bachelorette party in Newport, RI for a weekend in August. I'm looking for any suggestions of places to stay (hotels, beach houses, etc). We are on a tight budget but would like to stay in walking distance to all the bars, restaurants, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kate

Re: Newport RI Bachelorette Help!

• Anything within walking distance of bars is going to be pricey in August.  At certain hotels there might also be two-night minimum stays.  Your best bet it to go the tourism website because it has all types of rentals on it:

Marriott is right downtown.  Some places are in Middletown, but walking distance to the beach so that might work too.  I had my reception at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites.  It is a longer walk to downtown Newport, but is right across from the beach and has some bars around it.  They also have amazing suites.

Start looking now and GL
  • You can also try website like craigslist and airbnb.com to find other rentals.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went to a bachelorette party in Newport last summer for a friend.  Her Maid of Honor found an inn that let's you rent the entire house for some weekends (the rest of the time it's a normal B&B).  Given there were about 12 of us, this was a perfect way to have the space to ourselves, plus we could use the kitchen which helped save some $$ by not eating out for every meal.  To walk to the main part of town took us about 20 minutes, which we did several times throughout the weekend.  Not necessarily super cheap, I think it was $2,725 for Friday-Sunday - but an option to think about.  As posted above - it's hard to find reasonable prices in Newport in August!

This is the site for the inn: http://www.innbliss.com/
  • Hi Kate! I also am looking for a house rental, suite, or hotel that has enough room to sleep about 8 girls for a bachelorette in late july 2014. I've been looking alot on VRBO and VacationRentals.com, but most are either too expensive or require a 3-7 day minimum when we are looking more for 2-3 nights. Did you ever find anything affordable or a good venue to stay at? I would love to hear what you came back with or any suggestions! Thanks :) Ashley
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards