New Jersey - South

Help ME! On a Budget...

Hello Fellow Brides!

I am planning a wedding for fall of 2013 and I am on a budget.  I am trying to keep it under 10k.  I know it has been done before but I am starting to get a little lost on finding a venue for this shindig!
We are having about 91 people, ideally we would like to do a family style sit down dinner with the ceremony being at the same venue as well. If family style dinner is not available, it's not the end of the world.  We are already saving money by not having a bridal party, no flowers for centerpieces, DIY centerpieces instead & anything else we can DIY without driving ourselves crazy!
I am completely lost on where to find a place where we can have this shindig the way we want and keeping within the budget! We DO NOT want a blank VFW or backyard....CAN THIS ACTUALLY BE DONE!! HELP!!

Hoping for some advice!
<3 The Future Mrs. Cowan

Re: Help ME! On a Budget...

• Just like you told us what you wanted, start calling venues and tell them the same. You'd be surprised at how many are willing to work with you. A Friday and Sunday will save you money as well! Best of luck and keep us updated.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Check into Maggianos in Cherry Hill. They can host large parties and I know they offer family style.  I have no idea of their prices, but they do have different levels of family style dinners you can get. 

Also check out places like the Camden County Boathouse, Moorestown Community Center, Haddonfield Fortnightly.  I'm sure the caterers can work with your budget.  And check into having your ceremony at a non-dinner time.  If you have a ceremony at either 1pm or 8 pm.  Then you can serve just appetizers and desserts.  Also look into limiting alcohol to just beer or wine, that can help stretch your budget further.
  • Check out Masso's crystal manor they say on their website under FAQ that they customize your wedding to fit your budget and they have a beautiful area to get married at!
  • Check out masso's, its pretty afforadble and very pretty, but my sister had her wedding there and the service was terrible, the bartenders were rude, and the food wasnt that great. But maybe it was an off night, because Ive been to weddings there in the past and didnt have that experience before. Bogey's in pitman is also very reasonable, and looks pretty although Ive never been to a wedding there.
  • edited October 2012
    I am having my 80 people wedding at the Mansion on main street and I was amazed at how great the prices were. My budget is also 10 k and I still have some room for photographer, flowers and Dj.
    If Sunday or Friday are an option for you I would say its even better , otherwise I am sure they can work something out for you for Saturday. It all comes down to how extra you want your cocktail hour to be.
    The nice thing about the mansion is that the place itself is gorgeuous so you don't need to add too much.

I went to Lucien's, Adelphia and a few others venues, and they were more expensive.

Oh and another one to consider is Venice Plaza, they are great and extremly nice. They will definitly work with your budget.

Good luck!
  • I have a similar guest count and budget and had the hardest time finding a venue.  I just booked with an event cmpany that gave me 3 venue's to choose from all within budget.  Apparently they give venues so much business that they have reduced rates negotiated.  What a blessing!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_help-me-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:87036c46-3b8c-4eb9-80f9-6405edb57acdPost:a29583f6-4296-4c26-a6ba-a2a36b256816">Help ME! On a Budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Fellow Brides! I am planning a wedding for fall of 2013 and I am on a budget.  I am trying to keep it under 10k.  I know it has been done before but I am starting to get a little lost on finding a venue for this shindig! We are having about 91 people, ideally we would like to do a family style sit down dinner with the ceremony being at the same venue as well. If family style dinner is not available, it's not the end of the world.  We are already saving money by not having a bridal party, no flowers for centerpieces, DIY centerpieces instead & anything else we can DIY without driving ourselves crazy! I am completely lost on where to find a place where we can have this shindig the way we want and keeping within the budget! We DO NOT want a blank VFW or backyard....CAN THIS ACTUALLY BE DONE!! HELP!! Hoping for some advice! <3 The Future Mrs. Cowan
    Posted by MissLaBella[/QUOTE]

I was just married and booked my entire wedding with Primo Events.  They worked with my budget,  I had my wedding at a Yacht Club in Beechwood but they showed me several venues and supplied DJ and photographer.   I would look them up, and see what they can offer good luck.
  • Servers, Bartenders, Waiters, Kitchen Preps, Coat Check, Valet Parkers, Cooks/Grillers, Chefs, Cocktail Servers, Catering, Food Runners

Our Servers are available for any event neat, professional, friendly, courteous and attentive to all your guest needs. From elegant to casual gatherings our servers are ready to serve. We help with set up and after event clean-up. Give us a call for a quote on any size event. Every guest and of course host is very important to us. We don’t stop there our staff can also do much more from opening doors, coat check, buffet service or any other attentive duty that is requested.

serveandpourinelegance.com
    917-418-6036 or 917-418-6338

• There is a caterer at the Starcross firehall. I went there for a wedding this summer and it actually was pretty nice. They have an actual facility there. As far as bar goes, I think they just do beer and wine. If it wasn't for pulling in at the firehall, you would never know you were at one. The venue itself is in the back of the firehall with a private entrance. There was a dance floor. Dinner was a buffet style. I know you mentioned no VFW or backyard and I want to assure you, this was nothing like going to a VFW. I'm also trying to do a wedding on a budget. Let me know what you find. Good Luck!
  • Not sure where you are located but I know the Aloft in Moount Laurel. Freindly staff and great food. Next to 295 and Jersey TP.... Will make out better if on a Friday or Sunday...Good luck
  • Our hotel was shut down because of Sandy (11/3/12 wedding) and we wound up booking a hotel at the Aloft, and it had a really creepy vibe. My husband looked through the sheets for something and found  what looked like urine stains on the sheets. It was gross.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_help-me-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:87036c46-3b8c-4eb9-80f9-6405edb57acdPost:11820056-b9da-4182-b2e6-da5a03af0bfa">Re: Help ME! On a Budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure where you are located but I know the Aloft in Moount Laurel. Freindly staff and great food. Next to 295 and Jersey TP.... Will make out better if on a Friday or Sunday...Good luck
    Posted by sevein8[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards