Oregon

Too much of a cute thing??

You guys know that fish are playing a prominent role in our wedding since we met online. 
Here's what I have so far that's fish-themed:
- cake table/head table decorations (long tall vases filled with live goldfish) and smaller vases for a few bettas -separate tubes so we don't have a bloody fish war on our hands!
- a couple of fish bowls with goldfish or bettas in them on tables
- white chocolate and milk chocolate fish molds to top the cupcakes depending on which flavor of icing picked
-- favors - chocolate aquarium rocks with goldfish crackers in a paper chocolate cake slice
-- RSVP cards have goldfish pictured on them

I don't want a traditional guest book. I'm never going to look at a book of signatures. I saw the idea for an alternative guest book - a wish bowl -- and I thought how cool it would be to do something like that with a GIANT fish bowl for our wedding.

What I'm wondering is this -- is this just TOO much of a cute fish theme?

Re: Too much of a cute thing??

• edited December 2011
    No WAY!  I love it!  It all sounds super cute.  You will have to post some pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    If you use the fishbowl for your wishes, you also need to have fish shaped cards for people to write on!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_much-of-cute-thing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:319a2b1f-6bf2-4aac-bf7c-10e1be7eaec1Post:772e7d68-12d6-463b-a5ea-a2b3461587d4">Re: Too much of a cute thing??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you use the fishbowl for your wishes, you also need to have fish shaped cards for people to write on!
    Posted by mayflymanitou[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!

I'm all for the wish bowl.  It sounds like fun. 
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_much-of-cute-thing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:319a2b1f-6bf2-4aac-bf7c-10e1be7eaec1Post:772e7d68-12d6-463b-a5ea-a2b3461587d4">Re: Too much of a cute thing??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you use the fishbowl for your wishes, you also need to have fish shaped cards for people to write on!
    Posted by mayflymanitou[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You are completely right!!! I hadn't thought of it but that would be awesome. Especially if I can get them in our wedding colors. Just so guys know, I told the FI the idea yesterday and he loved it. Thanks for being the best sounding board - I appreciate the support!</div>
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely do the wishbowl and on fish shaped paper.  It's fun to go back and read what people write.  To get the fish shapes, you may want to invest in a die cut machine, like a cricut or Sizzix machine (Sizzix will be the cheaper option).  Then can cut them yourself in whatever colors you want.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, I just saw these and decided you must use them

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/goldfish.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards