Connecticut

In need of a PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

HELP!!! I have been researching and researching!! A photographer is the most important to us and we are having a very difficult time making a decision!! No matter how many reviews I read we still cannot pick one. We have met with Eric Foley and Studio1923 thus far. We really like Studio1923, but just don't know if we should spend that much money. We don't know if we should look into people that are less expensive and still really great. Any suggestions, input, or advice would be great!! Thank you all!!

P.S. This is my first post!! I am a Connecticut bride getting married June 21, 2013 at The Waterview in Monroe!!! Cannot wait!!!! Smile

Re: In need of a PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Congrats and welcome to the board. Our photographer is Eric Brushett, he is amazing and very budget friendly, and he has a few different packages to choose from He is very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. He made us feel soooo comfortable during our e-pics and we can't wait to work with him for the wedding. Our e-pics came out amazing!!!!!

http://www.ericbrushett.com/
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I second Eric Brushett! He is awesome.

I also like Annandale Photography and RAW Photo, but I believe they are both must more expensive than Eric Brushett, Eric Foley, and Studio 1923. 

Good luck and welcome to the board!
  • edited July 2012
    Eric Bruchett is who we just met with and booked on the spot. I was so impressed. His work says it all! Make an appointment you won't regret it!
    Beautiful venue, good choice! My wedding is one day after yours :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    Studio1923 a million times over. 

Jerome is a great photographer, and a great artist. He (and his team) take incredible shots, and also edit even more incredible shots. He is personable and friendly with all the people he takes pictures of, not just H and I, but our friends and family too. He is worth every single penny for that alone.

However, that's not all he does.

Jerome is also great with helping for the little things. He had extra floral pins that we used when my charms came off my bouquet. He directed my mom in corsetting my dress so it would stay on tightly. He grabbed my husband's jacket for the first dance when H left it on his chair. He had ear plugs that he offered to my autistic brother when the noise was too loud. He put the final touches on making my wedding a perfect day. I honestly think I would have been lost without him. 

Ps- Welcome to the board and congratulations on your engagement! 
  • Studio 1923 is excellent, but I was in the same situation as you - I couldn't justify the cost.  I ended up booking Alexis Stein Photography - they're based in Long Island, and are FABULOUS.  It's a husband-wife team, so it's not a main shooter and a back-up - it's two excellent photographers with different perspectives.  They're both ridiculously talented, and so nice!  I think having the husband, Keith, there really helped my FI loosen up a bit as he got how my FI doesn't like posing and smiling on command.  For our engagement session, there were lots of fun goofy pictures that got my FI really laughing, and some fun candids.  Their prices are reasonable - I booked 1.5 years ago, and my wedding is in a month, so I'm not sure how much higher their prices have gone, but definitely check them out and give them a call if you like them - I know they'll be flexible.

I liked that they gave me everything I needed - 2 shooters for the whole day, engagement session (which ended up being like 6 hours long!), and all photos on CDs in HD with printing rights.

Anniversary

• I've heard great things about Studio 1923 too.

For us, style was important and we didn't want a lot of posed photos.   We'd seen a lot of wedding albums where the shots just seemd too set up.   We focused on looking for a photojournalistic-styled wedding photographer.

We used Mike Ross out of Hamden and he was great to work with.   We immediately clicked with his style and he took some fantastic shots that were  just in the moment while still getting the photos we wanted with family and friends.
  • I'm using Tim Nosenzo out of Danbury.  Very talented with a great eye, responsive, open to ideas, and all around great vendor to work with.  I'm not sure what your price point is but feel free to check out his site- www.timnosenzophoto.com
  • I meet with studio 1923 and love Jerome as well....but we ended up going with Airen Miller.....I don't hear him mentioned much on here but his work and attitude won me over within 5 minutes of sitting with him...... He was also about 1000 cheaper that studio 1923 who I was honestly heart set on until we spoke to airen.... We also met with Angela Hanlon of hanlon photography...she was the less expensive of all 3 and extremely nice and had great work too Hope this helps.....if its anything like my experience....you will know who works best for you... Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Michael Dzienis Photography. We have been really please with him as well and is budget friendly for sure!!
  • I was looking for more "fun" pictures and not so much the posed traditional pictures.  We are going with LT Photogrpahy in Wallingford.  I booked them the same day I met with them, they are very price friendly as well!  Good Luck
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    King Vincent Storm! LOVE THEM!! They by far have the best packaging out there....hands down. I looked at alot of the board favs at the time and they couldn't compare! Vin & Ann Marie are awesome to work!!

www.kingvincentstorm.com
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We also used King Vincent Storm (West Haven).

They are also a husband-wife team, and I cannot say enough great things about them. We got our wedding photos recently, and I've just been staring at them every day since because I love them so much. They are very talented and overall great people.
    imageAnniversary
  • I used Brook Allison Photography.  She was absolutely amazing!
  • Studio 1923 is amazing, but as much as we adored their work, we couldn't get it into our budget.  I would recommend The Defining Photo, we met with them and loved them, but they too were also slightly out of reach due to our budget.  But they are definitely fun and had a lot of great ideas. Ultimately, we decided on going with Reflections by Kari. Kari is super nice and we liked her work a lot. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    I am using KVS also. However, I have heard nothing but great things about Studio 1923.
  • We used HK Photography and they were fantastic and very affordable.
  • I'm getting married at Waterview in October! We are using Hopkins Studio out of Milford. It is a husband wife team. They both have been their multiple times and seem to know the right places for pictures. They have pretty reasonable prices and even offer an egagement section with whatever package you pick. Their website is not that great, I will admit, but their work in person is great! They take really nice pictures and they display them around their studio. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    Welcome and congrats on your engagement! I am excited to see another Waterview bride on here, I am getting married there September 1. :)

We are using Studio 1923 and as PPs have mentioned they are absolutely excellent! We were so happy with our engagement pictures and have received many compliments. They are professional, so friendly, excellent communication, and take the most beautiful pictures.
    Anniversary
  • Mia Paige Photography (miapaigephotography.com).  Shannon is awesome!
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_in-need-of-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:eb45ed70-1e75-4e83-a302-385823240436Post:a4c76ffe-6ed0-4639-94d2-d6f713376c8e">Re: In need of a PHOTOGRAPHER!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mia Paige Photography (miapaigephotography.com).  Shannon is awesome!
    Posted by markandlaura112[/QUOTE]

Ditto as well!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I am using Annadale Photography with Kiva Sutton. He shot my friends wedding and was amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kimberly Lynn Photography is great!  I did my engagement pictures with her already and will be doing boudior soon!  She makes you feel really comfortable and is super nice!
  • I love claudia, her website is www.fabuluxephotos.com I had a great experience with my session.
    abc
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_in-need-of-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:eb45ed70-1e75-4e83-a302-385823240436Post:43bfbf83-e029-4820-a2b1-0bc51756dcda">In need of a PHOTOGRAPHER!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HELP!!! I have been researching and researching!! A photographer is the most important to us and we are having a very difficult time making a decision!! No matter how many reviews I read we still cannot pick one. We have met with Eric Foley and Studio1923 thus far. We really like Studio1923, but just don't know if we should spend that much money. We don't know if we should look into people that are less expensive and still really great. Any suggestions, input, or advice would be great!! Thank you all!! P.S. This is my first post!! I am a Connecticut bride getting married June 21, 2013 at The Waterview in Monroe!!! Cannot wait!!!!
    Posted by Hayes09[/QUOTE]

<div>I am not sure what your budget is, but check out <a href="http://www.jdcphotographics.com/#!pricing" rel="nofollow">http://www.jdcphotographics.com/#!pricing</a></div><div>they have a package that starts at $500 and the other at $1000.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, check out <a href="http://www.alysenicolephotography.com/pricingweddings.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.alysenicolephotography.com/pricingweddings.html</a> she has a package that starts at $950 and one at $1250.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know anything about them but their work looks nice! Good luck!</div>
  • Brooke Allison! I just booked her, but June is booking up super fast so call her asap :) She is adorable and fun! There is a video on her website about her!
  • Take a look at No Eye Has Seen, Alicia is just amazing!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_in-need-of-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:eb45ed70-1e75-4e83-a302-385823240436Post:d0552bbb-a698-4139-8180-12f911f6d774">Re: In need of a PHOTOGRAPHER!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Take a look at No Eye Has Seen, Alicia is just amazing</strong>!!!
    Posted by 27Sunrise[/QUOTE]

Hi! I did look into Alicia and she gave me a rough estimate for a price, but didn't give me specifics on what is included in her package. Do you know what she includes? Thanks!
  • Check out www.luciophotography.com. There are many packages available, he was great to work with and he is incredibly talented.  Definitely worth talking to him :o)  luciophotography@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards