Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

A coWorker is our "caterer"....need menu help AHHHHH

My coWorker is an amazing cook (more like chef!) and he cooked for hsi 250person wedding...and has offered to do mine and simply the cost of the food (bc he loves doing it....however, i will pay him more, plus gas etc)

Anyway....he wants us to give him our requests.....so he can cook a trial for us to taste then we can adjust as needed. 

He talked about some heavy hors d'ouerves: bruschetta (sp sorry),  goat chz w/ tomato mini pizzas and stuff like that. i found some "personal sized" lasagnas (in muffin pan) that would be good i think....but i am having trouble finding or thinking of a list of foods to tell him we want.

outside winery wedding, june 1, 2013. he think's he will save us enough money to a cocktail/hors d'oeurves hour PLUS a nice buffet :)

can you guys help me out!?!?! :)

thanks a bunch!
~Brandi~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A coWorker is our "caterer"....need menu help AHHHHH

• Options
    Maybe if you're nervous about overstepping or asking for things that are too complicated/time consuming, you could give him suggestions of some of your favorite foods/vibe of the wedding and ask him to come up with a sample menu that he thinks he could manage? Then you could ask if specific things could be tweaked of subbed. 
  • Options
    With a winery wedding, I think you could do 2 themes. Either Italian (bruschetta, pizza, lasagna, like you have, perhaps shrimp scampi or shrimp cocktail, caesar salad cups, garlic toast, meatballs, and for entrees veal parmesan, a pasta dish or gnocci), or California style wine country - lots of fresh vegetables, grilled meats, seasonal, local produce, ingredients like goat cheese, avocado, aged balsamic vinegar.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    CSK4CSK4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    why not check cateres online they may have some ideas on their menu that you could   use to create your menu.  Take those to your friend and see if he can work  with it .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards