Michigan-Lansing
Options

Inexpensive Outdoor Reception Venue in Michigan - Lansing area?

I just recently got engaged and I am trying to get ideas for outdoor wedding reception venues. We don't have a budget set yet but are looking for something inexpensive since we are a fairly younger couple and have to pay for part of it on our own. We live in a town just west of Lansing, MI and are looking for venues anywhere around the Lansing area and surrounding. A tent would be a nice back-up in case of bad weather! Any serious suggestions would be extremely helpful! :)

Re: Inexpensive Outdoor Reception Venue in Michigan - Lansing area?

• Options
    The English Inn in Eaton Rapids. They have the gardens and gazebo by the river, and the Inn and Reception Hall on the grounds are both available. We are doing the ceremony at the gazebo, and reception in the hall. With cocktail hour on the patio. They have lots of affordable packages. It's really straightforward, no hidden fees. www.englishinn.com, ask for Amy.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention, Eaton Rapids is 15 miles south of Lansing.
  • Options
    You may also look into the MSU Horticultural gardens. They have a lot of different areas you can have your wedding- I believe the cheapest option is entirely outdoors, but you'd need a tent.
    English Inn is great if you're not on a budget. If you are (like me) you may also look into the following if you want an outdoor ceremony/indoor reception:
    Lakeview Banquet in Laingsburg (that's where I'm having mine June 2014)
    Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing (barn reception)
    Old Country Mill in Charlotte (barn reception)
  • Options
    Check out Peacock Road Tree Farm in Laingsburg. There is a big barn for a reception and an outdoor wedding chapel or a gazebo for the ceremony. Its a beautiful location!! Thats where I would have it if I wasnt dead set on a vineyard lol

Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    Francis Park in Lansing, Cooley Gardens, MSU Horticulture gardens, woldumar, Fenner,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards