Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Inexpensive Honeymoon idea?

We are getting married in June and probably like many of you, we are on a tight budget. Anyone have any ideas of inexpensive ways to have a dream honeymoon?

Re: Inexpensive Honeymoon idea?

• Options
    Hello, and welcome to the boards! Congratulations on your engagement.

2 pieces of advice -

First, you may want to consider changing your name on The Knot. Using your full, real name isnt a good idea. And if it isnt your real name, then just ignore me :)

Second, you may want to post this question on the honeymoon board in the list to your left. You may get more ideas over there.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Gatlinburg? Flordia? Maine? Putin Bay?
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I'm a fan of those Groupon Getaways. They range from domestic to international, there's always something in your budget.

We went to Costco and booked a 7-day cruise with Royal Caribbeans to the Western Caribbeans. This was in July-August.  I want to say airfare was about $350/pp and the cruise was about $700/pp. It may seem expensive--but for what adventures we got in the rainforest, islands/ocean, ship, local people, etc. and considering food is included, it was a huge bargain.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We went to Disney for a week and had a blast for less than 1,500 dollars.

If you're really on a tight budget, Hocking Hills is a nice option. Romantic cabins with a quaint little town and plenty of natural beauty around you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to Napa Valley and San Fran for about $1800 altogether. We are going the first week in July. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could always do a small trip to somewhere like Indy or Chicago for a few days. If you like roller coasters head up to Cedar Point for the weekend, they have wonderful hotels up there. We have friends going to Gatlinburg. We spent a few days lounging around our apartment, went to the Indy Zoo one day and one day didn't even leave the house. It was perfect for us.
  • Options
    PP's have great suggestions. Try the budget board too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards