Missouri-Kansas City

Spray Tan

Hello!
I had some really weird tan lines so I got spray tanned this week. It looks really even and good, but its a darker than I look normally since my body does not tan well. Has anyone ever had this done? How quickly does it fade away? I still want a little tan on my wedding day, but I want it a little lighter than it is now. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Re: Spray Tan

• edited December 2011
    I know certain tanning salons have varying level of darkness for their spray tans.  I went somewhere a while ago and they had a light, medium, or dark option (can't remember the name of the salon).  
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure...maybe try to exfoliate??  Good luck this weekend and congrats!!!!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did one in May for my brother's graduation. Being so early in the summer, I wasn't naturally tan enough for my dress yet, but I didn't have time to wait on fake baking. I loved it! I actually thought my tan turned out great and by day 2 or 3 it just looked like I'd had a nice weekend in the sun. I wouldn't worry, after a shower or two the excess is gone and you'll probably look fine. It was about a week before I noticed it going away. FYI though, it faded off everywhere except my chest. The area between the breasts looked weird because it started peeling off there at the end. Only lasted for like 2 days though!
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you all going to do this and what did it cost if you don't mind me asking!?  I am considering doing it but would love some info. TIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, for someone working in education my reading comprehension is nill in the summer.  I think it should fade naturally enough by this weekend!  Congrats!  
  • JulieSmilesJulieSmiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you everyone for your response. I used a wash cloth and scrubbed really good last night and it looks so much better today! I got mine done at Island Tan off of Antioch in Gladstone. They didn't ask me what color I wanted so when it was so dark, I got eally nervous!

• kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They picked the color for me based on my skin tone and type, but it cost about $25 with tax and the extra scrubby thing. I actually did it in Michigan though since that's where I was the week I needed it done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards