Oregon

Bridal salons

We are eloping (though still in the NW) and I'm looking for cheap(er) dresses. My head automatically goes to David's Bridal, but if I can use another salon, I will. Any recommendations in the Portland/Vancouver area? (FYI, by cheaper I mean $500-800.)

Re: Bridal salons

• I tried on a couple Maggie Sottero dresses that were in the $700's at Charlotte's Weddings & More on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy.  I didn't look at prices of other designers but I bet you can call and see if they have a large enough selection in your budget to make it worth while to set up an appointment.  It was AMAZING the difference in quality of dresses, I went to David's Bridal first and they were ok, but the second I tried on a quality dress I would never go back (and I'm on a small budget too). 

Do you have a date set for the elopement?  Some dresses take 4-5 months to get in, which could be a deal breaker.
  • edited March 2012
    I purchased a Maggie Sottero dress from Bridal Exclusive for $800. I agree with PP about the difference in quality and structure between a DB dress and other designers from other salons. It might be worth it to "splurge" and go for the upper end of your dress budget to get a quality dress. Timeline FYI, I ordered my dress at the very end of October and got the call today (3/1) that my dress was in.
  • There's a new bridal consignment boutique in Portland.  Richele Kay Bridal Consignment, 420 NE 60th Ave, www.RicheleKay.com and you can find them on Facebook and see photos of the dresses!
  • edited March 2012
    New bridal consignment boutique in Portland, you can get a great dress for hundreds off designer's original prices.  Many of the dresses have never been worn!  www.RicheleKay.com
  • You can find an amazing dress anywhere in that price range. Keep in mind all of the non-bridal stores that now sell wedding dresses like Nordstrom, JCrew, The Limited and I'm sure there are tons more.
  • You will for sure be able to get a dress in your price range. I got mine for just over $600. It's a Maggie Sottero that I got at Bridal Exclusives. The manager is a real witch at the Portland location, but everyone else there is really nice. You should check it out. However, I don't recommend their alterations. They cost way too much and I don't think they are the best. If you need some one local to do your alterations, let me know. 
  • I also went to Bridal Exclusives in Tigard and had a great experience there.  I told the saleswoman right off the bat what my price range was and she was extremely respectful about staying within that limit.  I ended up with a Casablanca brand dress for $750.  It's a very reasonably priced brand and you end up saving on alterations because they order it to your height.  

I had also heard about the Adorned in Grace bridal resale shop in Portland.  If you are feeling adventurous, they re-sell donated gowns to benefit at risk teen girls and victims of sex trafficking.  You purchase your dress for a donation of $200-$500.  Who knows, you might get lucky!  I haven't been there personally so I can't vouch for their shop, reviews on yelp look good though.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards