New York-Upstate

Boathouse Restaurant (lake george) wedding?

Hellooooooo ladies!
I am new on the knot! BTW LOVE it here!
Okay let's down to the nitty gritty...
I am thinking of looking at and possibly booking the Boathouse Restaurant in Lake George for May. Anyone heard or know anything about it? The website looks BEAUTIFUL! I have relied on a lot of the advice/reviews of the other bride's questions...I'm hoping you'll give this new knottie a solid...
thanks!
Cindy :)

Re: Boathouse Restaurant (lake george) wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Cindy,

I looked at the Boathouse Restaurant for my wedding. The restaurant was beatiful (right on the lake) and the owner was very pleasant and accomodating. The Lodges at Cresthaven (part of the same complex) are also newly renovated, so your guests can stay right there. They have a nice area for an on-site ceremony as well. My problem was that it was really too small for my numbers. While they say they can accomdate about 200 people, that means putting about half of the wedding party/guests in the main dining room and the rest in the downstairs area, which unfortunately wasn't going to work for us. If you've got smaller numbers, however, it may work for you. It's definitely worth checking out, and I'm hoping they'll be available for my rehearsal dinner.

Good luck!
    Becky
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Becky!
    We are planning to have a smaller wedding, inviting about 125. I am so excited to look at the property.
  • edited December 2011
    The Boathouse is mine and FI's favorite restaurant! Food is amazing, location is fantastic! The only thing I would question is parking for all of your 125 guests. 
  • edited December 2011
    Not enough parking huh? I'm really hoping for 100 people or less but my list is 125 max. I am so very excited to look at the property and all the amenities. It seems that the Boathouse is EXACTLY what we are looking for...and it falls right into our budget!
  • edited December 2011
    We also looked here. Actually we put down a deposit, but we had a number of problems. The most important one was that the room really was too small for our expected guest list (130) and putting people downstairs was not appealing to us. 

we had some other problems, too, and if you are interested id be happy to share them privately. just PM me. i dont know that any are real "deal breakers" but, together, they just ended up not working for us. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Boathouse and have eaten there many times.  I know they can get creative with the seating arrangements but I don't know if they could really accommodate 125.  My advice is to go and check out the room and decide for yourself. 

My reception was next door at The Erlowest and it was a great location.

Good luck and happy planning!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    never herd of it hmm we are getting married at dunhams bay resort
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards