New York-New York City

What Did You Pay for a Hank Lane Band?

I really want a Hank Lane band. Everytime I go to an event and one of their bands is playing I have so fun. That being said, Hank Lane won't call me back, which probably isn't a great sign.  Does anyone know the average price of one of those bands? I've heard they can get up to 12K for a larger band. What about one of their smaller ones?

Re: What Did You Pay for a Hank Lane Band?

• edited December 2011
    I am doing a 7 pc on a Fri night in September for 8500.
  • mimendelmimendel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     In planning for my upcoming wedding, I have dealt very closely with Harlan Ellis at Hank Lane Music and the entire staff there has been nothing less than exceptional. I hope that you will be able to use one of their amazing bands at your wedding! Perhaps you have the wrong number? I've been using (212) 767-0660. Best of luck and congratulations!
  • lifesabeach2lifesabeach2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few of my friends have used Hank Lane bands.  I thought they were OK, but not exceptional.  Not a good sign that they are not calling you back--you shouldn't have to chase down your vendors!  Frown 

We ended up booking an amazing NYC based band that we saw at a wedding in Aspen, Colorado. 

I'd be happy to give you more info via PM if you are still looking.

Good luck to you! 
  • edited December 2011
    We used hank lane and ended up paying about $6800 for a 7 piece band--the Michael Hart Band, who I would recommend x 10000. They were amazing!! love love love them. They're expensive but SO SO worth it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kimberlygokimberlygo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were able to get in touch with harlan and have a meeting. I just wanted to get an idea of prices before I went in for the appointment. I heard their bands can get up to 12k which is totally out of our price range.
  • edited December 2011
    lifesabeach2

I would like their info.  Music is the most important part to our wedding but we  dont want a cheesey band but a band that will blow everyone away...what type of muchs do they play?  Can u you email me ?   tirnaenash@yahoo.com

• jzanksjzanks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked a 7 piece band for a Friday night in June - paying $7K. They helped us stick to our budget by cutting down the # of band members...and the Friday night worked in our favor as well. I've been to a lot of weddings with their bands and they never disappoint!
  • Hi - I was just looking at your message re: your band. I feel like I'm being quoted higher prices for less pieces. Did you like your band?

• i am having rhythm nights at my wedding on a Saturday in October.  We are paying 6k for a 6 person band
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_did-pay-hank-lane-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:292e7a69-90d5-43f5-b8eb-a5e1379f161ePost:8e755735-8724-4d08-8a68-a004d9973459">Re: What Did You Pay for a Hank Lane Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am having rhythm nights at my wedding on a Saturday in October.  We are paying 6k for a 6 person band
    Posted by Bwpio[/QUOTE]
    We are thinking of having them at our wedding. How were they? We'd really appreciate any feedback!
  • why not check out a great band called Alive n Kickin. just google it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards