June 2013 Weddings

Anyone else having bad dreams? (long, and possibly neurotic wedding nightmare)

Ok girls, I swear I am not generally a stress kitten, I am usually a go with the flow kinda girl.  I had the most horrible dream, bordering on nightmare last night about my wedding, which is over a year away! 

The dream started apparently after the ceremony, everyone was getting on this big party bus thing to go to the reception (not in our plan, both will be at the same place).  There wasn't enough room on the bus, and my daughter was next in line to get on but there was no room, so they didn't let her on.  There was no plan B to get other people to the reception, so I guess she just didn't go.

On the bus ride, I realize I never booked a dj, so I'm calling people on my cell phone to see if I can find someone, which by some miracle I do get someone.  When he arrives, it looks like the only reason this guy was available, is because he was still hungover from the night before.

When we get to the venue, it's nothing like it's supposed to be.  You know how in a dream, you know where you are, but it's not really where you are?  It was horrible.  Somehow I had an awesome caterer and several small bars set up, so that's a plus.  And I told someone that I had bought my dress off the internet yesterday.

Holy cow.  I cannot have more of these over the next 16 or so months. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else having bad dreams? (long, and possibly neurotic wedding nightmare)

• I've had a couple dreams like that too! So far nothing too dramatic, usually just nothing looks like I plan it will. One time I dreamed that my in-laws planned the entire thing and it turned out all red and gold Indian/Hindu style (my in-laws are NOT Indian! They're Greek/German lol!) the most recent one I remember was in some hotel ballroom. I had my 3 bridesmaids like in real life, but somehow FI ended up with 17 groomsmen/maids! I know he won't have that many, more like 2 maybe 3! And all the girls were wearing these godawful pink and blue numbers that looked like fluorescent cotton candy! Thank god that wasn't the real thing!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes! I had a dream a massive brawl broke out at the wedding between relatives and my MOH stepped in to stop it and ended up punching a few people. Which is funny because she's maybe 98 lbs soaking wet and wouldn't hurt a fly. And then the cops were called and somehow me and FI ended up in jail and I was bawling about spending our wedding night in a cell.

o.O 
    Apparently, my neurotic wedding dreams have me becoming a criminal for some reason. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank god i have not had any wedding nightmares yet!! Im scared!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_anyone-else-having-bad-dreams-long-possibly-neurotic-wedding-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:18bd7db7-e0dd-4935-aa7e-1eeefe5c61b6Post:13d4f5b6-676e-470b-b8a4-191f7982bd16">Re: Anyone else having bad dreams? (long, and possibly neurotic wedding nightmare)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank god i have not had any wedding nightmares yet!! Im scared!
    Posted by sparkles776[/QUOTE]

<div>Lucky! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't had nightmares, but I don't sleep well because my brain won't shut down. I'm over thinking everything right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have only had one dream about the wedding so far and it was just that I won a free make up session the day of my wedding! Not a nightmare yet, crossing my fingers that those hold off for awhile!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards