South Carolina-Charleston

photgraphers

Has anyone used Liz Duren, Emily Horton, or Amy Prikazsky as their wedding photgrapher?  All were suggested by our wedding planner and all seem good.  We aren't sure who to choose.  Does anyone know any other photographers in the $3000 or under price range?
Thanks!

Re: photgraphers

• edited December 2011
    We used www.jmannphotography.com. He's out of Columbia, but he'll travel to you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We used Amy Prikazsky Photography and she was absolutely amazing! So easy to work with & great personality! She made such an effort to build a relationship with us along with taking incredible pictures! The turn around on our wedding cd was very quickly and we couldn't think of 1 shot that she missed.
    I would definitely recommend her!
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Amy also and she has been amazing so far. So far we had our engagement pics done and they turned out fantastic and everyone commented on how amazing they were. She is very responsive to my emails and was able to work around my schedule and is very friendly and professional. I definately recommend her!
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Amy and she was great with our engagement photos!  I was lucky enough to book her before she increased her pricing a few months ago.  She also has a great second photographer, so I am going to have them both for the wedding day.

She did mention to me when we had our e-session about a month ago that she is already booked up to this November, so if you want her you should book her asap.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the responses - unfortunately Amy is not available that day.  Does anyone know of any other good photographers, especially one with a more photojournalist approach?
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Sandlapper Photography, v. nice and low-key (and well-priced).  He has a website.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Chi with Chi Photography in Charleston very reasonable and I loved how our engagement pictures turned out.  So, far i've been pleasantly suprised.

www.ChiphotographyofCharleston.com
  • Brink55Brink55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that Liz Duren photographed 2 years ago and the pics were amazing. I will probably use her for my wedding as well. She is super laid back and doesn't get in your face the day of but captures everything. She has a website so check that out too.
  • edited December 2011
    Seth Beaudreau Photography!

My fiance and I used him for our engagement pictures.  He edits them, gives you a personal website, and a CD for printing uses.  $250 for 2 hours, but the 2 hours is actually the time he is snapping the camera.  So, you are with him for about 4-5 hours.

Wedding day is very reasonable! We decided on 7 hours for $950!  He gives you a CD, retouches photos, etc. Has numerous services and travels the world!

http://www.photosbyseth.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know a great photographer in NC who sometimes provides complimentary coverage for destination weddings if the couple pays the travel and for any products. PM me.
  • edited December 2011
    we are using www.augusttphotography.com
    hes awesome. hes been a photographer for 20 years and his starting package is 1395.00 for 8 hours of coverage, photo cd with full release and free engagment session.l
    we actually couldnt afford the 1395 package and he gave us a nice discount b/c ou wedding is on a friday and its only 4 hours instead of 8.
  • britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Brittany Mauldin Photography
  • gervase223gervase223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Shannon Michele Photograph (shannonmichelephotography.com) and I cannot tell you how many compliments we've received on our wedding photos. I love love LOVED them! Shannon did a fantastic job at capturing all the special moments and using her was truly the best decision I made for that day. (Esp since we were not very happy with our videographers: Wingman Media) If you want to see our pictures go here (http://shannonmichelephotographyblog.com/?p=298). I can't say enough wonderful things about Shannon's photography. Her ability to shoot in a really old church (St. Mary's downtown), at sunset, inside an aquarium and manage my huge wedding party and family was really impressive! USE HER.

Gervase
  • eljones17eljones17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Liz Duren and everything I've heard about her has been amazing.  Her pictures are always incredibly good.  You should check out her blog (just google search and you should get to it). 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out IndieSunday Photography. John is wonderful to work with, and has extremely affordable options, as well as more expensive ones. He takes beautiful, very indie/vintage looking photos. Extremely artistic, and a great photographer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards