Texas-Austin

Candy bar help?

How far in advance did you buy your candy and where did you purchase it from?

Re: Candy bar help?

• edited December 2011
    I bought my candy no further out than 30 days before, although I am sure I could have bought it sooner than that. I got almost everything from Amazon, believe it or not! There were a few chocolate items that I was worried about melting (we got married last June) so I bought all of my chocolate at Costco.
  • edited December 2011
    I had been gathering gladd for the containers for a few months, then got all the candy together starting about two months from the wedding date. I ordered most of it from www.candywarehouse.com and then picked up a few items from Sam's in bulk like jelly beans, chocolate covered raisins, gummy bears & nuts. By the time I got everything I had time to do a mock-up to make sure I had enough candy & to see which containers each candy would fit in best. This made things much easier for set up on the day of! Also, it allowed me time to get more candy to fill in the gaps or order something different if needed. It's a lot of work & set up time, but the end result is totally worth it. Good luck!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    I bought all my candy for our candy bar about two weeks from the wedding. And I got all mine at Sams. (or Costco) I was always worried it would go bad by the time of that wedding, eventhough that is not likely.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • garzalgarzal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any ladies have pics of their candy buffet?  I'm working on getting the vases together for it and would like to get some ideas from others. Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Darn - my online gallery just expired...I'll see what I can find. I got a lot of the glass from Goodwill, TJ Maxx (they have great priced apothecary jars), Hobby Lobby (during 50% off sales) and Target (they have excellet priced glass penny & cookie jars in the kitchen storage section). HTH - and I'll look for a few pics of ours for ya tonite!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards