November 2013 Weddings

Too early for dresses?

Okay, so I know that several brides on here have already picked or purchased the dress, but I still am so nervous. I think I'm afraid not only that I will change my mind, or that styles will change (those are minor fears though) but I have this fear that sometime in the next year someone else will pick the same one. ...gasp, I know.

This is silly, right? Anyone else feeling antsy about looking too soon?

First dress appointment is Saturday, and I..... Am full of nerves!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Too early for dresses?

• I was full of nerves my first time shopping, too :)

You will know the dress is yours when you see it. It will be as if it was made JUST FOR YOU! When I found "My Dress" during the shopping experience of it, I said I wanted to try on more dresses similar to this style just in case i saw something else I liked...but none compared to the dress I picked.

Trust me, it's an amazing, exciting experience! You will know your dress when you see it on you for the first time :)
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Remember to have someone take pictures of the dresses you try on! If you can't make a decision THAT day, at least you'll see pictures of them and can decide later :)
  • Ah good idea on the pictures!! I'm going with my mom and a really good, non judgmental friend so fingers crossed that they can calm me down!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Just think of how much fun it'll be to try dresses on! :) This day is all about you and your FI! and the stores always have fun music to listen to to keep you more excited than nervous. Just remember that in the end, it is YOUR decision!

What shop are you going to first?
  • I just found my dress on Friday.  I've been looking since March.  Just set the rule for youself that once you find a dress, you stop looking.  I wont be looking anymore, and whenever I might find myself tempted to look, I plan to look at my photos and remind myself why I love what I chose.  I wont order it until January so if for some reason I ultimately decide it isnt right I can make a change, but I would be absolutely shocked if I changed my mind.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• See, I don't get tempted for other dresses. I think there are a lot of beautiful dresses out there (and I work at a resort that ALWAYS has weddings, so I see A LOT lol), and I say "oh that's a beautiful dress" but I think that mine is perfect for me :)

You'll have a great time!!!

• As an update, we went today and it was SO much fun!! I don't think I found "the dress," but I got a much clearer idea of what I am looking for. The place we went didn't have a huge selection, so actually my mom and I have an appointment Monday afternoon at a place with a bit more in stock.

I was kind of surprised- I thought for sure I didn't want strapless but actually that was the most flattering top on me! I just couldn't pull off any of the lacey-sleeve dresses that I tried on today, but I loooooved the strapless, with organza ruffles. :) Now that I've gotten my toe in the water I feel much more calm about the whole thing. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• AND THE DRESS IS PURCHASED. :):):)

I'm surprised at how easy that was!! No fighting, no sad-tears, no body frustrations. I had a great consultant Monday, we tried on a ton of different things, narrowed it down and I've got myself a gorgeous Maggie Sottero gown. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Congrats!  I bought my dress back in March and it's supposed to be here any day now.  When you know you know :).  I haven't even been tempted to look anywhere else, I just love my dress so much!  I looked at some of the Maggie gowns and loved one but it got discontinued right before I started looking.

Congrats again :)

katie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Sarah, which Maggie did you get?  The dress I plan to purchase in January (I've tried it on already and know its the one, but family is paying for it and we are waiting until then) is a Sottero and Midgley.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards