May 2012 Weddings

Finally picked out our ceremony readings...

....and just thought I would share!  We are having 2, one scripture and one not.

First: Song of Solomon, 2:10-16, 2:4, 8:6-7

10My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

14O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

15Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

16My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.

4 - He brought me to his banqueting table, and his banner over me is love.

6 - Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, it's jealousy unyielding as the grave.  It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.

7 - Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away.  If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned

And second, a quote from Captain Corelli's Mandolin (Louis de Bernieres)

“Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.” 

What do you guys think?

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Finally picked out our ceremony readings...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards