New Jersey - South

tuesday, wednesday, thursday topic

Topic:Theme,&& random questions that pop out of my head lol

What is your theme?  colors

What is the colors?  black , & fuschia with orange and yellow accents

Why did you pick it? because i liked those colors

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? yes, 3 time haha

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? yes black dress and fuschia shoes

Did you register at any stores yet? nope

If you didnt , why not ?  debating on where i want to register at

How many girls are you having in the bridal party? 3

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? nope.

Are you doing a grooms cake? i want to surprise him with a phillies cake

What gift are you buying him for that day? i am not sure yet

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? yeah

Hmmm you can add your own questions too ....

keep the chat going ladiesss&& enjoy the weather..Laughing

Re: tuesday, wednesday, thursday topic

• edited December 2011

What is your theme?  We don't really have a theme, unless "lets celebrate Mike and Serena getting married" is a theme
    Smile

What is the colors?  Different shades of purples and yellows.

Why did you pick it? Mike could care less about the colors we chose, I just picked them because they are bright and cheery. 

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? I never really even though to have a theme, I am just borderlined overwelmed planning a nonthemed wedding.  So there was no theme changing.

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? N/A

Did you register at any stores yet? Yes, Amazon and BBB.  We registered early b/c in Fi's circle of friends/family it's really common to give engagement gifts.  We had people repeatedly asking his mom where we were registered and it was still a year out.  It just makes things easier overall.

If you didnt , why not ?  N/A

How many girls are you having in the bridal party?  7

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? Yeah, it would create too much drama not to.

Are you doing a grooms cake? Probably not.

What gift are you buying him for that day?  We're probably not going to exchange gifts.  Too much going on that day, maybe we'll treat each other to a couple's massage on the HM.

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? probably not, it's my weekend to work
    Undecided.  I am looking to book the limo by this Friday though!

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautifully warm weather, definitely after the awful amount of snow this winter. 
  • edited December 2011
    What is your theme?  blue haha

What is the colors? blue with white, silver and some other complimentary colors

Why did you pick it? because blue is my most favoritest color ever haha

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? nope

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? they are all wearing blue dresses with silver shoes, and i'm making them silver pearl bracelets

Did you register at any stores yet? yuppers

If you didnt , why not ?  n/a

How many girls are you having in the bridal party? 4

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? yuppers...FI's 5 yr old nephew is gonna steal the party

Are you doing a grooms cake? probably not, but i would love to surprise him with favorite soccer team (arsenal fc)'s logo

What gift are you buying him for that day? no idea...i've got ideas though haha

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? nope...all house all the time.  we just closed today so we're spending every waking moment getting everything situated, and this weekend we're moving the big things and celebrating FMIL's birthday case the BM (FI's brother) is in!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What is your theme?  Black and White Damask with hints of Aqua

What is the colors?  Black, White and Aqua

Why did you pick it? Blue is my favorite color

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? Not really, since our reception is at a winery it is very Tuscany there. We are only playing up on the damask with the programs, table numbers, place cards, cake, and menus so that we don't have things clashing.

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations?  Yes, they have black dresses with an Aqua sash and my sister the MOH is doing the reverse Aqua dress with Black sash. Their dresses also matched our invitations. Black with an aqua bow.

Did you register at any stores yet? Yes, Macy's, Target, and we are using Honeyfund.com but only for excursions on our Honeymoon.  

If you didnt , why not ? 

How many girls are you having in the bridal party? 7

Are you inviting kids to the wedding?Only the ringbearer and flower girl.

Are you doing a grooms cake? No but at the rehearsal dinner I am getting him a special Canoli cake.

What gift are you buying him for that day? Not sure yet but maybe a new watch or cufflinks

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? Hopefully not lol the goal is to work on the house. We might start our place cards and do them since we are getting RSVP's back and not save them for the last minute we will see how the weekend plays out.
  • edited December 2011
    Topic:Theme,&& random questions that pop out of my head lol
    What is your theme?  feathers I guess
    What are the colors?  black, white, purple, blue
    Why did you pick it? purple because its not too feminine or masculine, blue because I wanted blue lighting.
    Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? no
    Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? black dresses, bue/purple/green hair feather (colors are warped in the pic below)

Did you register at any stores yet? yes, BB&B and Macys
    If you didnt , why not ? 
    How many girls are you having in the bridal party? 2 girls, 2 guys (my attendants)
    Are you inviting kids to the wedding? no, with the exception of the FG
    Are you doing a grooms cake? possibly at the rehearsal dinner
    What gift are you buying him for that day? bpics and something sentimental
    Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? not sure.  Dont really want to lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Next week can we have a non-wedding related topic?

It seems like people just come to this board to ask a specific question, they get an answer ... and then that's it.

I think we need to liven this place up a little bit.
  • edited December 2011
    What is your theme? Us. All Star Trek watching, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reading, God of War playing us.

What is the colors? Black, white, purples, greens, and silver

Why did you pick it? Black and white is a classic colour combo. Green is FH's favourite colour. I've been drawn to purple since the start of planning. Silver is the colour of my dress.

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? No. There have been a great many detail changes but overall, the "theme" stayed the same.

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? Not really. We are using colours to keep things cohesive so my girls are wearing black with a green accent for the MOH and purple for the other girls; white with purple for the flower girls and white with green for the ring bearer.

Did you register at any stores yet? Amazon, ThinkGeek, and BBB.

If you didnt , why not ? N/A

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? Yes.

Are you doing a grooms cake? Thinking about it.

What gift are you buying him for that day? I don't think we're doing a gift exchange.

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? Maybe folding cranes. We're going to speak with the coordinator tomorrow.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What is your theme?  No theme, just a traditional Conservative Jewish wedding.

What are the colors?  Royal blue, silver, and white.

Why did you pick it?
    Because I liked those colors.

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? N/A

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations?
    Both the bridal party and the decorations will have my colors.

Did you register at any stores yet? Yes, BBB and Target.

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? Yes.

Are you doing a grooms cake? No.  In fact, when I asked FI if he wanted one, he looked at me as if I was crazy, LOL!

What gift are you buying him for that day?
    I am not sure yet.

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? There's a bridal show this Sunday at The Carriage House in Galloway if anyone is interested in meeting me there.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your theme?  beach/starfish/ turquoise

What is the colors?  turquoise, with pink flowers, and tan and white accents

Why did you pick it? turquoise is my fav color and looks great on the beach

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? no

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? yes, turq dresses and starfish necklaces

Did you register at any stores yet? yes, BB&B and Target

If you didnt , why not ?

How many girls are you having in the bridal party? 2

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? nope.

Are you doing a grooms cake? prob. FI wants our wedding cake to have choc icing but I don't want it brown... : )

What gift are you buying him for that day? i am not sure yet

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? yes

Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ok. I guess not.
  • edited December 2011
    What is your theme?  classy, elegant, yet modern

What is the colors?  black, white, hot pink, and purple

Why did you pick it? because it is fun!

Have you changed your theme? If so how many times? yes.. a bunch.. i wanted to get married at citizens bank park... but at that time it was too expensive.. now i think that we have far surpassed that budget anyway..

Is your bridal party incorporated in the theme or just the decorations? bridal party is wearing black dresses.. maybe pink flowers or feathers in their hair.. their flowers will be hot pink and purple and white cala lillies

Did you register at any stores yet? yes, BB&B and Target

If you didnt , why not ? 

How many girls are you having in the bridal party? 6

Are you inviting kids to the wedding? nope. 

Are you doing a grooms cake? i think so.. i want to do a phillies cake at the rehearsal dinner.. we are season ticket holder and live and breathe the phils during baseball season.. totally fit us..

What gift are you buying him for that day? do not know if we are exchanging gifts.

Are you doing any wedding related things this weekend? we will see.. not sure yet..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • edited December 2011
    Japh1974 yes, PM me with some non wedding topics you would like me to post about. i will be posting something either monday or tuesday ok!!! thanks for the suggestion, i dont want it to get boring for anyone
    edited December 2011
    Also, jajph1974, have you been on the South Jersey Board on The Nest yet?  If you're craving NWR topics, that's probably the best place to go.  The rest of us have upcoming weddings and love to discuss them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_tuesday-wednesday-thursday-topic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:3494eb6a-db7d-4f90-9566-b75b5f434ca9Post:683d95e6-0062-4fa4-b969-1773671cfa50">Re: tuesday, wednesday, thursday topic</a>:
    [QUOTE]Japh1974 yes, PM me with some non wedding topics you would like me to post about. i will be posting something either monday or tuesday ok!!! thanks for the suggestion, i dont want it to get boring for anyone
    Posted by Shaki[/QUOTE]

Great Shaki! Thanks  :)  I was thinking something along the lines of local current events, favorite movie/music/book, things like that. Nothing crazy, just a break from wedding stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_tuesday-wednesday-thursday-topic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:3494eb6a-db7d-4f90-9566-b75b5f434ca9Post:5042463a-cdb7-4648-9806-4517313f25bc">Re: tuesday, wednesday, thursday topic</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, jajph1974, have you been on the South Jersey Board on The Nest yet?  If you're craving NWR topics, that's probably the best place to go.  The rest of us have upcoming weddings and love to discuss them.
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

The Nest = The Suck

I spend most of my Knot time on the Etiquette board, but I thought it would be nice to chat with some local people as well.
    edited December 2011
    Jen, why do you say they suck?  Just curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards