Canada

Any Manitoba Brides

Just wondering if there are any Manitoba brides out there?  I live in Portage, fiancee lives between Winnipeg and Selkirk.

Getting married at Brid's Hill Park in July (we changed the date).

Re: Any Manitoba Brides

• edited December 2011
    I am new to the boards and live in portage as well! Small world, We are getting married next year. I wonder if i know you lol, if not we could still share ideas!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cool feel free to PM me.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Winnipeg, Gotta say, there is not alot of us MBs out there LOL. Im getting married in July as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. It is great to see there are some Manitoba brides out there. I live in Winnipeg and we are getting married in August 2012. We are planning to get married in Assiniboine Park and then have a BBQ reception. My FI wants to hold a social later in the evening. Any idess or thoughts, advice etc. would be much appreciated.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a bbq as well temiller. Feel free to pm if you want. I am having a wedding outside the city but i could still maybe help with ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Manatoba bride getting married on September 24th.  Did you girls have as much trouble finding bridesmaids dresses as I am?  I didn't like anything in the winnipeg bridal shops, plus I'll have a 9 months pregnant bridesmaid.  Anyone have any suggestions.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married July 23rd, 2011.  I have an acerage in St Francois Xavier, and we decided to go with a tent and catered BBQ event.  So far we have had no problems booking...but we are really stuck on any ideas for a wedding favor.  Anybody have any ideas?

• edited December 2011

Hi. We are also having a BBQ reception. Do you have a favourite BBQ sauce recipe? You could make up a big batch, get some bottles and personalize labels with your names and wedding date or a fun message.

• edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies!

Good to see some MB Brides, I have just started planning and so far I am stuck between Birds Hill park and Assiniboine… Both Beautiful…. Good thing I have time to think about it   :p

Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow some new faces since i was here, this board is not active :(

mic: i have no idea, honestly have not looked for bm dresses but online. Wpg bridal shops carry the same as any other shop in any other city though, what about looking online, writing down designers & numbers and then going into shops with that info? Stella's can get almost anything in that you want, they have a "lending" library per say on sample dresses.

misskay i like temillers idea of bbq sauces, we are having a candy bar, will be awesome :) just make sure it is something edible.

Welcome Ashley :) how come you have such a long engagement? Seen the post about your friend, have you thought about moving the wedding ahead a year and not tell her anything until invites go out? just a suggestion.

sorry leanne i missed ya way up there *waves* hi!!
  • ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,

I'm in Winnipeg but we're getting married in Ireland.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

@ sweetcanadian19

The long engagement is because we thought buying a house and moving out of our apartment was our first priority.  So that is what we did, we get our home in September! I cant wait.

Once we will get the house we will be busy making it our home and I really want planning our wedding to be enjoyable with as little stress as possible. So we decided that we could wait the 2 years save all the money we need to and really enjoy the planning process without being strapped for cash or stressed with any other big projects.

How is your wedding planning going?

Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MB Brides on the knot! Who'd a thunk!

I live in East St Paul, getting married May 11th in Las Vegas...so I've been hanging around on that board. When I joined I looked for a MB board but there was only Alberta, Toronto and Vancouver :(

Congrats ladies,
    Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is so cool Elle :)

Makes sense Ashley, we are doing opposite, we are buying a house right after we get married lol. I agree though with the buying of the new home you want to make it yours and not have to do the planning of a wedding right then too. My wedding planning is moving along at warp speed, i have to slow down lolo (running out of things to do, have my whole outfit even except a bolero jacket). I guess you will just have to not tell your friend about anything, her relationship may fizz out by then.

Missjets that will be so cool as well, are u doin the whole cheesy chapel? I wish we had a manitoba board but i guess we just not "cool" enough, although i am sure it is closer to the lines of not enough mb brides on here.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_manitoba-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:95f49e3d-9fea-4a62-9df4-326aac219b62Post:9ba072a7-cedb-4396-a80b-cb2a45cbc358">Re: Any Manitoba Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE] Missjets that will be so cool as well, are u doin the whole cheesy chapel? I wish we had a manitoba board but i guess we just not "cool" enough, although i am sure it is closer to the lines of not enough mb brides on here.
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

LOL not doing the cheesy chapel - though we did consider it. We're having it at the MGM Grand. It has a lovely chapel that isnt gaudy...which was actually kinda hard to find in our price range!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i would totally go to the other chapels and get pics for the "cheesy" chapel lol. Do you have many people that can go down with you guys?
  • edited December 2011
    I am from Winnipeg and brand new to this site.

We haven't set a date, but I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Winnipeg too. We're getting married September 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome ladies. I can't believe how fast the time is going and so much to do, it is one year till the date but I am so excited! Can hardly wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards