Flowers

Help! I need tips on flowers

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this, so please bear with me.  I'm getting married June 19th in a Catholic Church in Wisconsin.  My colors  are a medium pink (David's Bridal candy pink) with an accent of honey dew green and I'm wearing an ivory gown.  I was thinkig about doing like a hot pink rose/peony combination for my bouquet.  My question is do you think I could get away with doing that for my girls too without it being "too pink" of a wedding.  I had also thought about maybe mixing some green mums or green orchids  with my girls flowers.  Does anyone have any tips??  I'm just having a hard time picturing it.  I've looked through picutres on here and haven't found any I really love.  Also with us getting married in a church, is there a thing as not enough flowers?  I was thinking about keeping it simply for the ceremony, letting the real beauty of the church show.  Is that appropriate or do I need to have a lot of flowers?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Together since April 2004. Married June 19, 2010. BFP #1: June 1st, 2012. It's a girl!! EDD: 2/8/13. our little girl Avery was born 2/13/13 via unplanned c section. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: Help! I need tips on flowers

• pita1127pita1127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, 

My friend sent me green pom pom flowers for my bday and they looked "balled up". Anyhow, I thought they were really different and pretty.  Plus, I think they might be a nice pop from your candy pink scheme for photos and give a summery feel, yet simple. Some links below (you probably have to cut and paste them)....

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0040713/large_image.jpg

http://www.weddingbeepro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kssing.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Your girls are wearing the candy pink? I'd give them ivory or light pink flowers- the hot pink flowers against your ivory dress is killer, but they'll just blend in to the BM dresses.
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • candyr99candyr99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my wedding the only flowers I had were my bouquet, the MOH and BM bouquet and 2 alter arrangements. I did have corsages for the mothers and boutneers for the men. I then took the flowers to the reception site and reused them there with the bouquets as part of the table decorations. I did have a small throw away bouquet that I used to toss and a small arrangement of silk flowers on my cake. This cut down on the flower costs considerably. I wanted Lily of the Valley but was unable to get enough for all the bouquets and the groom's boutineer so silk one's were used for all but my bouquet and the groom's boutineer. It was very pretty.
  • plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous post. The pink color scheme will look phenomenal with your dress. But will blend in with the BM. You might consider the opposite color scheme for the girls bouquets than yours. Green accents would be nice in both bouquets.
    I am also having my wedding in a Catholic Church and we are really not having any other floral decor. The church is gorgeous on its on. We are decorating with free standing shepherd hooks with lanterns and candles inside to give a unique look. But flowers are kept at a minimum due to cost. And going artificial doesn't really save you anything. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!! I really appreciate it!
    Together since April 2004. Married June 19, 2010. BFP #1: June 1st, 2012. It's a girl!! EDD: 2/8/13. our little girl Avery was born 2/13/13 via unplanned c section. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If the church is beautiful on it's own, too many flowers will detract from it, so no, you don't need more flowers.

There is no hard and fast rule about the flowers, it's a matter of personal preference.  The bouquets can all be the same or different, either on. 

But if your's will be the most "pink" and colorful/showy, then the BMs would probably look best in a smaller, contrasting color palette.  Because pink flowers against pink BM dresses just don't show up well, maybe a mix of predominantly green and white/ivory, with minimal pink would look good for the BMs.

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out flowers by angela on facebook- there are a couple albums with your color scheme
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Some nice images of different-shades-of-pink, peony & rose bouquets:

http://bilder299.bloguez.com/bilder299/661150/pink-peony-wedding-bouquet?googleimage

I think for the BMs, something like this would be gorgeous (keep some hot pink, add a little more pale with a few pale pink peonies and/or roses):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Xt5RzrUJyjg/S1nKCBvlROI/AAAAAAAAAYY/sKbYmrsRqN4/s400/Pink+peonies.JPG

I think the flowers will look great, love your colors!
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards