Arizona-Phoenix

How did you pick your venue?

Hello! I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago, so this is my first post! I'm trying to get the ball rolling on planning our wedding for April or May 2013 but it all seems to pivot around the venue, and that seems to be the hardest choice. I feel like I've looked up every wedding venue in the valley and most of them are golf clubs and resorts that are waaaayy outside of our budget (around $10k, by the way). So I was just wondering how you all chose your venues. Was it an easy decision or a tough one? What factored into your eventual decision? 

So far I'm most interested in the Desert Botanical Gardens (except it seems to have a lot of rules), Boojum Tree (except the vendors list is pretty tiny/it looks expensive), the Wright House (except we were btiten by a zillion mosquitoes when we toured the place), and Stonebridge Manor. We're trying to keep it las laid back as possible -- if we knew anyone with a great backyard, we'd do it there! I can't seem to find any place that fits my dream wedding -- an outdoor ceremony and reception, maybe under a tent, with expansive views of the desert. 

Re: How did you pick your venue?

• What is your guest count? We are having 120 guests and our wedding is at the Landmark Restaurant in Mesa in the Heritage Hall and on the patio. There is no rental fee for the facility, you just have to spend a minimum of 3000 on the food and bar which is reasonable and not hard to do. The food is great, and the open bar prices are fantastic. We are having more of a laid back wedding too, and the Landmark provides a homey feel that helps with that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You might look at Tre Bella in Mesa. Their prices are extremely reasonable and they have a really nice facility. I was talking to a bride yesterday who found a private home with a 4 acre lot in Gilbert that they were using. She said they were really reasonable. If you look at Gilbert venues you should be able to find them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions! We'll probably have around 90 guests, almost definitely no more than 100. We were actually looking at a private home in Cave Creek that had a 4 acre yard, and it looked so perfect! We saw it in Arizona Weddings magazine and hunted it down online. But we emailed them and they don't do weddings anymore so we're out of luck there. I'll definitely try to find the place in Gilbert. 
  • Hey 'Sam',

Picking a venue is certainly the most difficult decision. My fiance and I were beyond exhausted and stressed out about it and had to change our budget a few times to get what we really want...but we have no regrets! It felt right and we could see ourselves getting married there.

Our venue, Blackstone Country Club, actually sounds a lot like what you are looking for. It doesn't feel like a golf club at all, has a couple ceremony options and courtyard reception...all outdoors. In fact, you'll need a tent if you want any other option! And it's completely surrounded by desert and mountains. It might come out a bit pricier than you are looking for...but I think the food and beverage options are pretty fair compared to a lot of other options we looked at!

Best of luck on your search!
  • I booked at Tre Bella and was blown away by their prices. Best deal I could find and the place is gorgeous. Not exactly what you're looking for but if you have an open mind, you want to check there :)
  • My sister is getting married at Tre Bella and they have been awesome so far. I kinda wished we had looked there before we locked into our location LOL!
    We're getting married at Aldea and we both fell in love with the place. It was also exactly our price range which pretty much sealed it.
  • In Response to Re:How did you pick your venue?:[QUOTE]My sister is getting married at Tre Bella and they have been awesome so far. I kinda wished we had looked there before we locked into our location LOL! We're getting married at Aldea and we both fell in love with the place. It was also exactly our price range which pretty much sealed it. Posted by dasni[/QUOTE]

You sound like you feel you made the wrong decision. I think Aldea has more character than Tre Bella. You made a good choice :
  • We are getting married at our church and having a cake and punch reception in the fellowship hall. It's going to be simple, inexpensive and so wonderful to be there every Sunday! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards