Canada

Got an awesome deal on a tux

I've mentioned before that Syd Silver in Toronto is going out of business. Today we were in Scarborough near one of the two stores still standing (the other being in Mississauga) and dropped by to see what was still available for liquidation.

They are still selling their tux packages at rental prices. We decided to get a tux for my hubby because he needs it for choir concerts. The $140 package included the jacket, pants, vest, tie, shirt, shoes, and cufflinks. It was a really nice Ralph Lauren tux, too. Then, because he's a student, they dropped the price to $110

Score!

So yeah, anyone in Toronto still needing a tux... drop by Syd Silver, near Kennedy Commons in Scarborough.
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Got an awesome deal on a tux

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww man!  Why do I need to be in Japan right now??
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just phoned my dad and told him!  He was going to rent a tux, but he may as well buy one at that price!  He'll probably use his own shirt and shoes, but that is still an incredible deal.  My brother will probably get married in the next year or so, so he'll need one again anyway.

Thanks so much, ring_pop!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome deal, my Dad just bought a boring black tux at International Clothiers for 99 dollars, and it only includes jacket and pants, and it's not a brand name. You got a great bargain.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the lead!! :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad went on Sunday and also got a Ralph Lauren tux with all the upgraded stuff for $160!  Thanks so much ring_pop - he was so excited!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woot... they just called and it's already available for pickup!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Littlin, did he say if there was a lot of stuff left or not? Or was most of it already picked through, and he got lucky? That's awesome he found one though, it sounds really nice!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_got-awesome-deal-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:4469cd12-e318-4408-8f83-f88425fd7c72Post:ac8675b8-1aa6-499f-9974-2a1d69e72bc7">Re: Got an awesome deal on a tux</a>:
    [QUOTE]Littlin, did he say if there was a lot of stuff left or not? Or was most of it already picked through, and he got lucky? That's awesome he found one though, it sounds really nice!
    Posted by theredskittle[/QUOTE]

When I went last Saturday, there was still quite a lot left. They're starting to run low on a few things (no cummerbunds left for example, and only one style of 2-button jacket left) but it wasn't difficult at all to put together a tux. Keep in mind that they're selling you the rental stuff from their warehouse, so even if the store looks a little empty, there might still be a lot available.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok the hubby just picked it up and it has a stain. Oh well, nothing a little dry-cleaning can't fix!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad went on Sunday and picked it up yesterday.  He said the guy was so helpful and there seemed to be a lot to choose from left!
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome, Thanks! I'm sending my pops over there today! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards