Missouri-Kansas City
Options

I can't believe it!

OMG.
I just spent like 10 hrs assembling invites, stuffing envelopes, hand adressing 150 invites... got everything done, sealed, stamped, and sent out to the mail. I was cleaning up the last of it and picked up an extra to admire my handywork...
And found a big fat typo on my invite.
AAAUUUUUUUUGGGHHHHH! I just feel sick.
I know it's not the end of the world, but at this very moment in my post-invite assembling delirium it feels like it might be. I am so disappointed. There were at least three people besides myself that i have proofread that thing, how did we not catch it????
:(

Re: I can't believe it!

• Options
    katej78katej78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! That is so frustrating!  So sorry for you.  But, if four of you proofed it and no one caught it, what are the chances that very many guests will notice?  I know that doesn't make you feel better right now, but I'm sure very few of them will.
  • Options
    Bens_AmandaBens_Amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :(  That is totally something I would do.  I agree with Katie, that if you all didn't catch it, most likely not very many will.  Usually people will just skim the invite for the key things  like who, when, where...so I bet (unless its something big, like you mispelled your own name!) no one will catch it.  Just relax..  Trust me, I know its easier said than done when your a bride!!  But really, if this is the biggest "disaster" that you incur, you should have an amazing big day! 
    My wedding is in 4 months, and our DJ that we booked last summer just cancelled on us.  We still don't have a caterer, a cake maker, or an officiant either, so I totally understand the feeling of total stress!!
    On another note...congrats to you for getting all of your invites done, addressed and mailed!!!  That is a huge task, and a big check mark! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What was the typo?  That stinks a lot!  When i was  putting together my STD i realized that we left out the website.  My mother had already sealed them.  So i printed out the website on a sperate sheet of paper and then have to slide it into the envelopes very carefully from the side!

Hopefully no one will notice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry :(
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, that would definitely make me feel sick to my stomach. However, like the PPs mentioned, if 4 prrof readers looking for errors didn't catch it, how many guests will catch it? What kind of error was it?

Hopefully you're feeling better by now/resolved it somehow but I understand your pain!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards