South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Outdoor Minister! HELP!!!

Hello chickies,

I am having a destination wedding in Charleston, SC and I am trying to find a wedding minister.  I would prefer an actual minister (from a church) over an officiant type thing.  Does anyone have suggestions of a good minister there?  Or even suggestions on how I can find a minister from SC while I am planning my wedding from MN? =)  Any help would be lovely!

xo

Re: Outdoor Minister! HELP!!!

• Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Doug Farmer, charlestonweddingofficiant.com.  He is a chaplain, so he is ordained, but I don't think he is currently affiliated with any particular church.  But he is really, really nice and will do a great job of tailoring a ceremony to what you want.  He also gave us a nicer price on his fee than is listed on the website, so you could ask about that.  Also, just google "charleston wedding officiant"--there's a bunch of them, both ordained and not.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Doug Farmer as well, and he is affiliated with the circular church. It is the church on Meeting Street. He already sent our ceremony to us, and we are adding to it. But it is so nice. And he is really great to work with. Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Rev. Clarke who is an ordained minister at the Methodist Church. Here is his website :

http://www.lowcountryweddingminister.com

We are planning destination from NC and he has been wonderful.

Dawn
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married last weekend and we used Doug Farmer.  He is so wonderful and did an absolutely fabulous job with our ceremony!  He really listens to exactly what you want.  I actually cried when I had to say bye to him because he was such a blessing for us!! 
  • Options
    Lucy062405Lucy062405 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dr Clarke as well! Planning a destination wedding for 5/14/11. He has been a huge help, quick to respond to emails and has great suggestions for ceremony types that might fit your style/situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards