September 2012 Weddings

nervous/anxious/freaking the f out.

soo lately ive been freaking the frick out. i dont think its necessiarly because of the wedding planning, i think it has something to do with people telling me im too young and that it wont work out. weve been togther for almost three years now and i think were ready to take the next step and get on with our lives together but when i see young single people i wonder if ill miss it when im married. we went last night and picked out my final ring and while we were there i was totally fine but when we went to a comedy show with our friends afterwords i started to loose it.

theyve been together for a year and havent told eachother they love eachother, by a year my fiance and i were saying it all the time...and i wonder if we got in to it too fast...i mean i know we didnt because its been three years but i really dont know. everything in my head is raddling around and its all getting mushed together. i really hope im not the only one freaking out right now and that im not crazy because ive still got awhile until the wedding.
Frown
calm me down. please. help.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nervous/anxious/freaking the f out.

• what Ive learned is to not listen to other people. Im almost 30 and FI is 36 we've know each other for almost 9 years. There will be people who want what you have and dont want to see you happy. TRUST me you are not missing anything by being single. You can still be young and happy WITH EACH OTHER. Keep GOD in your relationship (or whatever religion you may be) and focus on you and your Hubby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was in the same boat as you.  We dated for a full year, he proposed and we got married a year and a half later.  Everybody said we moved WAY too fast but now I've been married for 8 months and I can tell you I have never been happier.  I always told people that when you know, you know.  Love doesn't check ID's.

You LOVE him.  If he is good to you, cares about you and loves you, I'm not sure what else you need.  Tell everyone else to shut the helllll up!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • he treats me better then anyone ever has and has no problem dropping everything when im in need. hes the most amazing person i have ever met, so loving and understanding. im just scared i guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alright, I am going to hit this with a different approach than everyone else.

How old are you? I am 20 and will be 22 when we get married, so I am by no means judging your age unless you are under 18.

Do you think maybe you are freaking out because you aren't ready? If it makes you nervous why rush? Yet at the same time you will be a few years older by the time you get married. Just listen to yourself.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I wouldn't say you did. Differently people move at different paces, don't compare yourself that way. If you personally feel confident he is right for you and you love him, set aside those worries.
  • Everyone is different!!! People keep telling me I'm too young even though I'm 22 and I'll be 24 when I'm married and by the time I get married my fiance and I will have been together EIGHT years. Seriously. haha. Everyone moves at different paces and some people are too insecure to really allow themselves to be in love. It sounds like you have an open heart and you should embrace that.

As far as missing single life, weigh the pros and cons. I had to do it because all of my friends are fun single girls loving life. But I have the most amazing relationship ever. And I wouldn't trade that for a night at the bar sippin' margaritas :) I still get to go home to someone who will pick on me for being tipsy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've been together for 8 years, living together for 2, and people still think we're rushing because we're 22 and 23. Naysayers will have something to say no matter what. As long as you're secure in your relationship and know that this is the person for you, it's all good.
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_nervousanxiousfreaking-f-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:fbbd8720-0fb3-4901-9176-aababbc95b2cPost:dc7d8809-c248-4779-a250-cae04bf3cf3d">Re: nervous/anxious/freaking the f out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone is different!!! People keep telling me I'm too young even though I'm 22 and I'll be 24 when I'm married and by the time I get married my fiance and I will have been together EIGHT years. Seriously. haha. Everyone moves at different paces and some people are too insecure to really allow themselves to be in love. It sounds like you have an open heart and you should embrace that. As far as missing single life, weigh the pros and cons. I had to do it because all of my friends are fun single girls loving life. But I have the most amazing relationship ever. And I wouldn't trade that for a night at the bar sippin' margaritas :) I still get to go home to someone who will pick on me for being tipsy :)
    Posted by Altoid_Storm[/QUOTE]

I have to say....I really connected to your post.  Our stories are very much alike!  We are getting married at the same age and my fiance and I had been together for 5 years when we got engaged...we also dated in high school. I agree with you, I wouldn't trade my relationship with him for the singles life. I know lots of people who were together for a shorter amount of time than us and are getting married sooner....but like you said, everyone moves at a different pace. Good luck with your planning!  Looking forward to sharing ideas with you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards