May 2012 Weddings

flower question

what are your mothers doing for flowers? carrying a little bouquet or wearing a corsage?  also for you flower girls what are you doing? petals in a basket or something else?  my flower girl is going to be 1 1/2 and i am not sure she will get the whole throw the flower petals thing so i don't know if i should even bother.

Re: flower question

• The mother's will have small corsages.  We are not having a flower girl, as my niece is only going to be 2 and I don't know exactly what she would do.  I would say 18 months is too little to understand what to do with flower petals- what I had been thinking of doing was making a little bouquet with some sturdy flowers for our nieces, but I don't think we're going to get into it since we have 6 nieces and nephews between us.  One of my friends got married and her flower girl was pulled in a wagon and didn't have any actual flowers- I think you can do whatever you like (flowers or no flowers).
    Anniversary
  • Our mothers will be carrying small bouquets. My mom wanted something different than a corsage. Our grandmothers will have pinned corsages. Our flower girl will be carrying a fabric pomander that will also be lining the asiles of the church. (Our FG will be 3.5)
  • the others will have small corsages
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are doing corsages for the mothers, and flower petals in baskets for the flower girls. We have older flower girls though, 5 and 6. A small bouquet  would be cute on a smaller girl!
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Tina's shelf:
    Tina Smith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My mother and his mother will have small bouquets.  Our step-mothers will have pinned corsages.  Fathers and step-fathers boutonnieres.

My sisters and my FSIL will have small bouquets.  His brothers and my BIL will have boutonnieres.

We wanted all the children at the ceremony to be included, so we bought flower petal cones, and each of them will get to toss rose petals into the aisle; but my nieces (5, 6) appointment themselves "flower girls" so I am getting them small pomanders (probably hydrangeas) and my 3 year-old nephew a small boutonniere.

• We are doing wrist corsages for the mothers & grandmothers. We are not having flower girls so I'm no help there.
  • Mothers will have wrist corsages, and we have no children in the wedding
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our mothers and grandmothers will be wearing corsages on their wrist so that it doesn't interfere with their dress or outfit.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mothers will have a small bouquet and grandmothers will have corsages. My flower girl is a little older so she will carry a miniature version of the BM bouquets. With such a young flower girl, I would probably give her a small pomander to hold.
    Anniversary
  • Ditto PPs. Mothers are getting corsages.
    My flower girl will be just over 2. She is getting a pomander with fake flowers (suggested by the florist to use fake... cheaper and then she is less likely to damage it...can fling it around or whatever and it wont break).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our mothers and g-ma's are doing wrist corsages/bracelets like these:

We're having two flower girls and I'm not sure what we're doing for them yet.
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Mothers, readers, and other family members that are helping us out that day will have a wrist corsage. I'm thinking about giving the two youngest flower girls (both will be 4) baskets and giving my older niece (will be 6) a fabric pomander because that's just too much petal throwing lol. (My FI and I have 10 nieces/nephews between us, so we tried to include who we could.)

With a girl that young, I wouldn't ask her to throw petals; she won't understand.
    Anniversary
  • Our Moms are also wearing wrist corsages since pinned ones won't really work with the fabric of their dresses. 

We don't have a flower girl but I really like the idea of the pomander for one so young.  
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are doing wrist corsages for mothers and grandmothers.

FG will be doing petals in a basket
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're having the mothers wear wrist corsages. And our flower girl & ring bearer will both carry a sign together down the aisle that says "Here Comes the Bride."

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards