October 2013 Weddings

Venue worry

My Fi and I booked our venue or so I think. We told the guy that we wanted to have the wedding there and I really liked te guy because he was laid back and super nice. I am now worried about the venue actually being "booked" becasue he keeps telling me don"t worry about a contract and hasn't asked for any kind of deposit. Has anyone heard of this happening?

April

Re: Venue worry

• You should absolutely have a contract! I have never heard of any legitimate venue not having a contract and deposit. I wouldn't even deal with anyone that didn't have me sign a contract. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_venue-worry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:e27bfa6a-ec54-4f4c-a5ad-da65a9f7e258Post:ab5820f3-efeb-4cf8-bdf2-0efda5c62f43">Venue worry</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fi and I booked our venue or so I think. We told the guy that we wanted to have the wedding there and I really liked te guy because he was laid back and super nice. I am now worried about the venue actually being "booked" becasue he keeps telling me don"t worry about a contract and hasn't asked for any kind of deposit. Has anyone heard of this happening? April
    Posted by amvonholtz[/QUOTE]

I would definately ask for a contract. I understand you being worried. I would too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_venue-worry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:e27bfa6a-ec54-4f4c-a5ad-da65a9f7e258Post:ab5820f3-efeb-4cf8-bdf2-0efda5c62f43">Venue worry</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fi and I booked our venue or so I think. We told the guy that we wanted to have the wedding there and I really liked te guy because he was laid back and super nice. I am now worried about the venue actually being "booked" becasue he keeps telling me don"t worry about a contract and hasn't asked for any kind of deposit. Has anyone heard of this happening? April
    Posted by amvonholtz[/QUOTE]

That is what I said when I emailed the guy and asked about a contract and when the deposit is due and he just responded back simply with a don't worry about a contract.
  • My worry is at this point have I waited to long to try and get a good venue. We are doing it in a town near the water, so I understand that venues go fast with those credentials.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards