New York-Long Island

Searching for the right venue isnt easy

When I started looking for venues it was exciting but not as much now lol. Went to oheka castle beautiful but crazy expensive. The cheapest they could with me was 180 with a 6,000 site fee. Love it but not for the price. I went to chateau briand, floral terrace, woodbury cc, crest hollow, fox hollow, woodlands, timber point, bourne mansion etc etc. After that I just started emailing places for prices cause I got tired of going there and not loving the prices or the location. I really like east wind I'm going to visit this friday. I started thinking maybe i can rent out an event space and have everything catered. Would that be more expensive? Does anyone know any places or does anyone know any other lovely not so expensive facilty ($50-$100pp including all tax and tips)? Me and the future husband either want to get married next year June or June 2014 all depends on finding the right location and the price.

Re: Searching for the right venue isnt easy

• Hey Beckham - I agree was the same thing for me too!  I was stuck between East Wind and Fox Hollow..  I ended up falling in love with East Wind and the price is in the range you listed above.  Hope you enjoy it!
  • East Wind is beautiful but I hear it's expensive.

Think about what you envision your wedding to be like?  Do you like gardens with great landscapes or would you rather waterfront?

Also, be certain about a time frame for when you want to get married.  "Next year or June 2014 is a one to two year difference.  Banquet managers tend to take you more seriously when you have a specific time frame in mind 'cause they know you're serious and this is definate potential business. 

Renting out a nice VFW or Elks lodge is fine, however, you may spend the same amount for caterers, decorations, and have to also spend more money to take pictures in a nice area since these halls lack nice landscapes and architechture.  It almost pays more to just find a good deal at a real venue where it's nice and they take care of everything.

Try golf country clubs that are not so ''upscale".  I know Watermill has great deals and Med Manor is cheap.

Stick with emails and phone calls to narrow down you search as you are because if a venue is not in your price range, why bother scheduling your & everyone else's time for something you know wont work with your budget.

Good luck!
  • Finding a "space" and renting it out is VERY expensive.  The place I'm getting married at is pretty much just a "space"...we have to bring rentals in for everything....tables, chairs, bar, ovens, etc.  It's extremely expensive, because everything else costs the same, plus all the extra rentals.  I think it's worth it because of my venue, but not all people feel the same way.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • meh-dont be too sad about oheka. the service and food are just average.

if that's your budget you may want to consider rethinking your wedding date. those days and that time of year is the most expensive. if you consider april or october the prices go down.

and renting a 'space' adn everyting in it isn't cheap.

• Personally, I don't care for East Wind's food.  The grounds are beautiful though, and if you have out of town guests...the hotel isn't too bad.  My best friend got married their 2 years ago - they gave her a free honeymoon suite for booking her wedding there.  Also the photos came out gorgeous there.  Good luck with your hunt...it's definately NOT easy!
  • I love all your comments. I'm considering moving my date. I wonder what the prices are like for the end of August? The FH works for the Board so its hard to make a wedding date with his type of schedule. I have to go according from when I know he wont be at work. 
  • Hi

If you liked Oheka Castle, You may want to take a look at Coindre Hall in Huntington. I'm having my wedding their in Oct. I absolutely love it!!!

The prices aren't too bad depending  on the Month you book.

Good Luck!!
  • yea, Coindre Hall is good and reasonable.

I know someone who got married there and had a nice simple wedding.
  • Not sure what you're looking for either, but maybe these will help.  I'm getting married at the three village inn in stony brook.  I liked it because its a catering hall that still feels somewhat authentic to me.  Also, there are rooms for people to stay over. 
    My cousin got married at Harbor Links golf course (in Port Washington I think).  I was super impressed with the place, it was pretty and the service was great.  Also, I thought the outdoor ceremony and cocktails with indoor dinner and dining flowed really well. 
  • We're getting married at Giorgio's I feel in love with the fact that in one space you have access to beaches, vineyards, golf course and gardens for photos! and the food is awesome, coming from a big Italian family food was VERY important to us! and they only do one wedding at a time

• We just got engaged in July and we are planning October 2014 for our wedding.  I have been crazy with searching venues online and e-mailing the places.  It is not easy.  I feel a little overwhelmed.  There are so many places on Long Island to choose from.  I was wondering if anyone has heard reviews of Three Village Inn at Stony Brook, Larkefield Manor in East Northport, or Timberpoint country club (Mansion)?  We are looking to spend up to 100 Dollars a person, preferably less.  Thanks
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_searching-for-the-right-venue-isnt-easy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:71efd34d-6fa2-4f37-88e4-8b309b2a3759Post:378d1099-c5db-4274-ae55-15670da41901">Re: Searching for the right venue isnt easy</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just got engaged in July and we are planning October 2014 for our wedding.  I have been crazy with searching venues online and e-mailing the places.  It is not easy.  I feel a little overwhelmed.  There are so many places on Long Island to choose from.  I was wondering if anyone has heard reviews of Three Village Inn at Stony Brook, Larkefield Manor in East Northport, or Timberpoint country club (Mansion)?  We are looking to spend up to 100 Dollars a person, preferably less.  Thanks
    Posted by melhunny46[/QUOTE]

October is good b/c it's off-season, cheaper prices then as opposed to prime time which is like May-Sept I think. Also, an afternoon or Friday/Sunday night would be cheaper than a Saturday night. Not sure about those places but you can def get a nice place for under $100pp in October. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards