June 2012 Weddings

What do the dad's wear?

What do the dad's wear?   Do they usually rent tuxes too?  What you doing?
This is one thing I hadn't even thought about yet.
Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: What do the dad's wear?

• my dad will be renting a tux =) After all he will be walking me down that aisle so I want him looking as handsome as ever!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_dads-wear-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5520a7ad-a086-4a52-8ca2-56cc3e898902Post:18ddcbca-d50b-413f-a958-ea5d37436b54">Re: What do the dad's wear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my dad will be renting a tux =) After all he will be walking me down that aisle so I want him looking as handsome as ever!
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Ours will be in Tuxes

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_dads-wear-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5520a7ad-a086-4a52-8ca2-56cc3e898902Post:18ddcbca-d50b-413f-a958-ea5d37436b54">Re: What do the dad's wear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my dad will be renting a tux =) After all he will be walking me down that aisle so I want him looking as handsome as ever!

this. both our dad's are wearing tux's
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both of our dads are wearing a tux.
    Photobucket
  • All of the guys, including the dads are buying beige suits.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think both of the dads will be wearing tuxes,  but I know my parents aren't in the best financial situation so my dad may just wear his own suit.  I don't know if FI's dad even owns a suit.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_dads-wear-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5520a7ad-a086-4a52-8ca2-56cc3e898902Post:18ddcbca-d50b-413f-a958-ea5d37436b54">Re: What do the dad's wear?</a>:

This as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Both of our dad's are wearing tuxes.
  • They will be renting the same suit as the WP. I think my dad will wear a different color tie though. FI's dad is his best man so he will be matching the GM

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dad will be renting a tux that is the same style as the groomsmen but a different color tie and vest.  Not sure about my fiance's dad yet, haven't really thought about that since he won't really have a role in the wedding.  
  • Ours will be wearing tuxes.
  • His dad is wearing a nice pair of pants and dress shirt. All the guys in the wedding party are wearing black panst, white shirts and purple ties so what FFIL wants ti wear will fit well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • My dad is wearing his tux (he owns one) but will be renting a different vest. FFIL will probably wear a suit because he is officiating the wedding. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • edited January 2012
    I wanna pick out tuxes for the dads but well probably talk to them before we do
  • edited January 2012
    still deciding but have tuxes reserved as of now.
  • Ours will wear suits.
  • The groomsmen are wearing grey tuxes and the dads will be wearing black tuxes (both rented).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My dad is wearing his navy pinstripe suit. I still have no idea what FI is wearing and we aren't having a WP, so I just told my dad to wear whatever suit he wants.
  • Mine will be wearing a gray suit like FI and his GM.
  • FFIL and my uncle (who is walking me down the aisle) will be wearing a tux.
    They will match the rest of the wedding party, except their vest and tie will be black. My MOH (my niece) is also having her BF wear one as well, to match the "dads," as he will be sitting at the head table with us. We are having the WP and thier SO at the head table.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • My dad as well as all the men will be wearing a tux as it's cheaper for them to do so at mens wearhouse. My hubby's will differ from the others to set him apart from the rest.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ours will wear tuxes. I think it depends on what the GM are wearing. If they're wearing tuxes, it might be a little odd for the fathers to be "dressed down" in suits. If the GM are wearing tuxes, I think the dads can wear either suits or tuxes. That being said, if the GM were wearing tuxes and the dads were wearing suits, it's not something I would notice as a guest.
  • They'll do whatever the WP does.  FI has until the end of the month to make up his mind about what the guys will wear.  We'll tell the dad's to do the same...
    Anniversary
  • Our dad's will be wearing tuxes, just like the rest of the male member's of the bridal party. They'll have bouts that match the groomsmen and FI will have his own. Same goes for my grandpa.
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    FI's dad and stepdad are groomsmen so they will be wearing their own black suits with the tie we got the GM's.  We will probably purchase the shirts as well. 

My dad's suit is extremely old (and not black) so he will be buying a new one.  I will probably let my dad wear whatever tie he wants as long as it doesn't clash with my colors.  My brother will have to buy a new suit too, but that's okay since he is recently engaged so he and my dad will both be able to wear it again.  

FI wants to wear a tux, but I think he would be fine wearing the black suit he already owns.  I think he just wants to dress up for the occassion, but to me it's really an added expense.  But who am I to say anything, I bought a new dress for the occassion!
  • FH and his groomsmen are wearing kilts and suits on top. FFIL and my dad will be wearing the same thing, my dad in probably a different colored tie since he is walking me down the aisle.

• kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012

Both Dads are renting the same tux as my FI and groomsmen, but they'll be wearing a different colored vest.  My Dad wants a black vest, which is fine with me because it looks so nice.

Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_dads-wear-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5520a7ad-a086-4a52-8ca2-56cc3e898902Post:18ddcbca-d50b-413f-a958-ea5d37436b54">Re: What do the dad's wear?</a>:

<div>This :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • My dad will be in a suit & so will fiances dad. We are getting married in a church so it is a bit more of a formal setting, if we were outside probably would have been pans & nice shirt. 
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards