New York

Help.. Officiant

Hello everyone,  we ended up finding a ceremony and reception site but we need an officiant since we have decided to not be married in a church. We would prefer a non-denominational officiant.. if any one can provide any help we would greatly appreciate it. Our wedding is in Oswego NY so Syracuse based or so would be best... thank you!

Re: Help.. Officiant

• C*MiaC*Mia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always call city hall and get some references that way or just have a friend of yours go online and get ordained or JP credentials.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, I was JUST about to post a topic like this, I need a nondenominational officiant too! I have no ideas either, sorry! :(
    "The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FutureDondadaFutureDondada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for counseling or definitely not? I have 2 (my original want who will be on vaca and the mine whom I love). Both require a minimum of 6 counseling sessions. And they do both add the bible to their counsel, but without preaching. Not sure if your against any bit of preaching. They both belong to a Christian yet Non-Dom church. If that makes sense....
    May 2011-December Siggy My favorite registry item.
    (I managed to shatter the glass in our coffee table so we have none!)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There are a couple Syracuse city court judges that have performed wedding ceremonies I've been to. Judge Cecile and Judge Dougherty. Both were really great. I'm sure if you call city hall they could get you in contact with them as long as you don't mind that it wouldn't be a religious ceremony.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I think we would be ok the christian based and counseling sessions if need be.. as long as schedules allow..

• bookwormcarlabookwormcarla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can use the list on http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_dir/ny_new_york/syracuse/evl_wedding_officiants.html and see a few good choices based in the Syracuse area. I haven't used them personally but you can call and get a feel for their style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards