North Carolina-Outer Banks

"The Dream" event home - renting a tent?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone of you who had your wedding at "the dream" rented the tent to go over the deck? Do you feel that it is necessary? Did any of you set up your reception tables around the deck? Thanks!

Re: "The Dream" event home - renting a tent?

• Also, is there enough lighting outside on the deck for a reception to go on at night??
  • Hi renting a tent for the dream is 2,000. I checked. That does not include travel.
    I have spoken with a florist that is going to give me Italian fairy lighting over the pool and upper deck area. She sent me a picture of what it looked like and I really liked it. I do not think she would mind if I sent you the photo, if you want to send me your email. We are having our weddings at the same place so it would be cool to swao ideas. I saw the Dream in person a few weeks ago and LOVED it, it's better in person than in the photos.
    yogi Bride
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_the-dream-event-home-renting-a-tent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:a0fc215a-287e-4250-9a9c-6eeafc101df9Post:f72425b8-f0e6-4392-9cc5-5e5c2692b277">"The Dream" event home - renting a tent?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I was wondering if anyone of you who had your wedding at "the dream" rented the tent to go over the deck? Do you feel that it is necessary? Did any of you set up your reception tables around the deck? Thanks!
    Posted by veterinary09[/QUOTE]

I got married at  The Dream in 2010, at that time I was told tents were not allowed.  We were planning on having our reception out by the pool area.  It ended up being an overcast day with a little rain on our wedding day.  We hired a band and they would not set up their equipment outside due to the weather.   SO we ended up having the reception inside and it worked out great.  It was hot and humid (August) and a little buggy outside.  Inside we were very comfortable with the A/C, no bugs, and we had plenty of room for our guests, the band and dancing later on.   We did get to have our cocktail hour outside for a little while, until the weather took a turn for the worse and everything was moved inside.  It was great.  I absolutely LOVED that house.   It was wonderful.    I wish you all the best.  You really can't go wrong with that house.    I would love to be able to rent that house again, but we would only be able to do so in the off season, when it probably wouldn't be beach weather. That house really was a Dream though. I would love to do it all again (without all the stress.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_the-dream-event-home-renting-a-tent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:a0fc215a-287e-4250-9a9c-6eeafc101df9Post:29080ed4-c03b-43eb-b1b7-c4750bbe60b1">Re: "The Dream" event home - renting a tent?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to "The Dream" event home - renting a tent? : I got married at  The Dream in 2010, at that time I was told tents were not allowed.  We were planning on having our reception out by the pool area.  It ended up being an overcast day with a little rain on our wedding day.  We hired a band and they would not set up their equipment outside due to the weather.   SO we ended up having the reception inside and it worked out great.  It was hot and humid (August) and a little buggy outside.  Inside we were very comfortable with the A/C, no bugs, and we had plenty of room for our guests, the band and dancing later on.   We did get to have our cocktail hour outside for a little while, until the weather took a turn for the worse and everything was moved inside.  It was great.  I absolutely LOVED that house.   It was wonderful.    I wish you all the best.  You really can't go wrong with that house.    I would love to be able to rent that house again, but we would only be able to do so in the off season, when it probably wouldn't be beach weather. That house really was a Dream though. I would love to do it all again (without all the stress.)
    Posted by stressmess[/QUOTE]

Vet: I deleted your post b/c it had your email in it and well, there are some weird people out there!  You can send stressmess a PM with your email, but here is your response, minus the email of course ;)

"Hi, sorry it took so long to reply - I started panicking about the price of the home and am having second thoughts about having my wedding there. I will paying for this all on my own and I am worried about not being able to pay for it:( I have not yet cancelled, so I would still be interested in seeing that picture."

• Hi, I am getting maried at the The Dream in April 2013 and we have decided not to get the tent.  We will move our reception inside if needed.  I hope this helps!  Good luck with planning!
  • The picture of the dream with fairy lighting over the back deck is on Renee landrys website under lighting. Sorry for late response.
    yogi Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards