October 2013 Weddings

Anyone throw a little Halloween into the mix?

FI and I met at a Halloween party and had our first official date on Halloween. We also both like the holiday. I want to do a fall theme with some Halloween in there, but I don't want cheesy Halloween. I don't want people to come in costumes or anything like that, but I do want to add a little Halloween fun into the reception. Any thoughts or ideas? Anyone else doing this?

Re: Anyone throw a little Halloween into the mix?

• My fiance and I also met around Halloween, it was on the 27th.  I love Halloween and the fall and that is one of the main reasons why I decided to have our wedding in October.  I am having a lot of pumpkins at my wedding which I consider to be associated with Halloween.  We are also having some pumpkins carved out with our initials near our ceremony and when guests first arrive.  I have seen some centerpieces where they use candy corn either in a latern or in a hurricane vase.  I think it is really cute if it goes along with the colors of your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Love those ideas!! I want to do lots of pumpkins as well. I thought of adding bowls of halloween candy to the dessert table.
  • I like the idea of adding bowls of Halloween candy to the dessert table! I think you can add in some Halloween stuff with out it being too cheesy. I love Halloween as well. Not because it is when my fiance and I met but because it is my birthday :) Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a great birthday! That's awesome!
  • kg8807kg8807 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am going to pick up some decent sized fake pumpkins this fall in some clearance sales and do our initials in those so that we can keep them and use them to decorate our mantle. 
  • I really like the Halloween candy at the dessert table as well.  That's a great idea.  I never even thought about getting fake pumkpins to put your initials on.  That's a really good idea because pumpkins start to go bad so quickly after you carve them and that was one of the things I was worried about with the pumpkins.  It's hard to judge when you should carve them and make sure it's not too early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • kg8807kg8807 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yeah, that's why I was going to pick them up on clearance cheap this year and expirement. We all know we won't need the extra stress of trying to time up when to carve our pumpkins! I saw a cute idea on Pinterest that is supposed to be for your front porch, but I may do it because of the amount of kids that will be there!
  • I really like that idea! My friend got married on Oct 30 one year but didn't really do anything with Halloween, I probably would have.

• We are actually doing a Masquarade ball. We may also have jugglers etc at our wedding.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I went to a wedding and reception on Halloween once.  What I remember was a lot of Halloween decor, a black and red cake that looked like a coffin (groomscake) etc.  I think their first dance might have been Thriller.  

Anyway, I do recal the bride being dressed in a white dress, but she carried a boquet of dark flowers (purple callas, etc.) with silver accents.  That could look really cool and not at all cheesy as the flowers you choose can look very elegant.  Also, I saw at Yankee Candle they have some crocheted black spider web table covers you could put under your center piece if you want just a touch of Halloween.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here are a couple photos from a local bride. She added wings to her dress which became more of a costume, I thought that was beautiful, but a bit much. Here are some pictures from her reception. I especially like the halloween candy and the caramel-dipped apples. Yum!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards