Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding Month Stones

The Alfred Angelo website says the stone for my wedding month (September) is the pearl.  I've only found this information one other place on the web (another dress site).  Is there a list somewhere with all the stones for each month? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot! Visit BlackandWhite.weddings.com

imageimage

Re: Wedding Month Stones

• Im not sure I understand what you are talking about. Wedding month stones? I know birthstones... and in that case June is Pearl and September is Sapphire.
  • No.. it's wedding month stones... not birthstones...

For example, when I enter my information at Alfred Angelo's website, it tells me, "Your Wedding Stone is Pearl!  Pearls are known for their luminosity.  Couples married in September share an inner glow for each other and focus on making their partners feel happy and loved.  September brides love to accent their weddings in modern classics like black or champagne."

http://weddingtreasuresbridal.com/ current homepage says, "September's Wedding
    Stone is PEARL!  Come Celebrate with us! 20% OFF PEARLS!!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage

• I've never heard of wedding month stones.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Seems like a WIC ploy to me, a way to encourage you to spend more money on jewelry.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Gotta agree with Aerin.  I googles "wedding month stones" and came up with nothing.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Well... My wedding colors are white & black... and I do like pearls... (I hate my birthstone - ruby.)... So, I might just go with it...  Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage

• I've never heard of "wedding stones" ... and Google isn't telling me anything about them either, so I'm going to hazard a guess that PPs are right and this is just the a ploy by the company to get you to spend money with them.

You can wear whatever jewelry you want on your wedding day. You don't have to wear your birth stone or "wedding stone" if you don't like it, or anything else you don't like for that matter. Wear what you feel looks good and makes you feel pretty.

Lots of brides wear pearls, regardless of the month they get married. Pearls are just classic. There doesn't need to be a "symbolic" reason to wear them. I was married in January ... I have no clue what my "wedding stone" was/is (If that's even a real thing). I wore pearls. Because they looked really nice with my dress. And I liked them. It really didn't go any "deeper" than that.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_wedding-month-stones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:e04b6200-420b-4963-b68e-7fa90f163ec6Post:ca4d3dbf-17ec-450c-b112-cc234a59e160">Re: Wedding Month Stones</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never heard of "wedding stones" ... and Google isn't telling me anything about them either, so I'm going to hazard a guess that PPs are right and this is just the a ploy by the company to get you to spend money with them. You can wear whatever jewelry you want on your wedding day. You don't have to wear your birth stone or "wedding stone" if you don't like it, or anything else you don't like for that matter. Wear what you feel looks good and makes you feel pretty. <strong>Lots of brides wear pearls, regardless of the month they get married. Pearls are just classic.</strong> There doesn't need to be a "symbolic" reason to wear them. I was married in January ... I have no clue what my "wedding stone" was/is (If that's even a real thing). I wore pearls. Because they looked really nice with my dress. And I liked them. It really didn't go any "deeper" than that.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

I wore pearls too: earrings, a strand of tin cup inside another strand, and pearl detailing on the dress and the headband to the veil and also in the bouquet.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards