Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

two wedding bands...

so we lucked out and got an AWESOME deal on the wedding band i fell in love with two years ago, so we bought two! now the dilemma is how to go about the ring ceremony.

personally i wouldn't mind wearing the bottom band w/ my engagement ring before the ceremony so that we only need to put on one ring but both my mother and future MIL are against the idea. they both think there is some sort of "bad mojo" ;) with wearing the band before we're really married.

ugh! idk what to do. taking off my E ring to put on the band will be more work because i just know my hand will swell...

here they are separately and together

Re: two wedding bands...

• I would just use one band for the ceremony, and add in the other one between the ceremony and reception personally. Less awkward. Or wear your engagement ring on your right hand, put both wedding bands on at the ceremony, then place your e-ring between them after the ceremony is over. 

Even though I don't believe in "bad mojo" I still wouldn't wear the wedding band until you are actually married. I mean you wouldn't start referring to yourself as "Mrs Smith" until you were actually married, so why wear a wedding ring until it's official. 
  • I would probably not even bother with the second band until after you get home. Wear the e-ring only the day of the ceremony and use both bands together as one or just during the ceremony. 
    ~Weeds are just flowers without an invitation.~
  • thanks everyone :] i think ill just put them together for pictures and just do one for the ceremony. i just know that i want them together for our first picture as a married couple!
  • I could be wrong about this tradition but I was under the impression that you shouldn't wear your engagement ring on your left hand during the ceremony. So I took it off shortly before ceremony & gave it to my MOH to hold onto, she just slipped it onto one of her fingers. Maybe you could give MOH your engagement ring plus second band & just use one band for ceremony & then after ceremony get other ring back & put on full set.

It is a beautiful set and I can see why you would want to wear all 3 pieces for photos & for reception (when everyone will be going, can I see your rings).

• edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_two-wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:f628659d-ad2f-4454-910b-d3787e6f1119Post:aa23731d-4cad-4df5-bb0c-451bd0e3446c">Re: two wedding bands...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I could be wrong about this tradition but I was under the impression that you shouldn't wear your engagement ring on your left hand during the ceremony.</strong> So I took it off shortly before ceremony & gave it to my MOH to hold onto, she just slipped it onto one of her fingers. Maybe you could give MOH your engagement ring plus second band & just use one band for ceremony & then after ceremony get other ring back & put on full set. It is a beautiful set and I can see why you would want to wear all 3 pieces for photos & for reception (when everyone will be going, can I see your rings).
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the reasoning behind this is because traditionally with only one band, your groom places that wedding band on your finger when you are saying your vows. It's "closer to your heart" or something like that. Then your ering goes on the "outside".</div><div>
    </div><div>I plan on wearing my ering on my right hand for the ceremony, although I have no idea what my band looks like (and won't until it comes in which will be in about August or so) because FH got me a twisty ering (<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.zeghani.com/media/products/636x550-ADAPTIVE/ZR560.png" target="_blank">link</a>) so we have to custom order the band.</div>
  • I had 2 bands as well. I got one at the ceremony. I actually left the other one home and put it on the next day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards