Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Starting to plan our day

My fianc and I have just started planning our dream wedding, we've been together since I was 14 so it's something I've imagining for years.

I'm starting to stress about people getting along. Mainly my brother, who always seems to get in fights at important events and say/do extremely inappropriate things. Generally make a fool of him self thinking he's a big shot.

The only 2 events he's ever come to with my fianc's friends or family he's flipped out over no reasons and tried to fight one of them.

He's going through a hard time and I don't want to not invite him to my engagement party in a few weeks, but I feel sick thinking about him attending.

He is impossible to talk sense into and feel a bit stuck with the whole situation.

Any suggestions?

Re: Starting to plan our day

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_starting-to-plan-our-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:5273bf9c-83ee-44f4-87da-d5fdd793dc9dPost:93cf0756-5322-40b3-a055-644803db599a">Starting to plan our day</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fianc and I have just started planning our dream wedding, we've been together since I was 14 so it's something I've imagining for years. I'm starting to stress about people getting along. Mainly my brother, who always seems to get in fights at important events and say/do extremely inappropriate things. Generally make a fool of him self thinking he's a big shot. The only 2 events he's ever come to with my fianc's friends or family he's flipped out over no reasons and tried to fight one of them. He's going through a hard time and I don't want to not invite him to my engagement party in a few weeks, but I feel sick thinking about him attending. He is impossible to talk sense into and feel a bit stuck with the whole situation. Any suggestions?
    Posted by jaydainslie[/QUOTE]

<div>Remember that whoever is on the guest list you provide to the person hosting your engagement party are people that must be invited to your wedding when it occurs.  That does not however mean that everyone you plan to invite to the wedding must be on the engagement party invite list.  You need to think of who you and your fiance really want to have celebrating with you at these events.  If you think you will regret your brother missing an event, maybe you should invite him.  With that being said, maybe you can alert a trusted friend or relative to the issues you've had in the past so that if a problem arises, and someone needs to be removed from the premises, it can be done discreetly.</div>
  • Options
    Who is hosting your engagement party? Do they know your brother? They are the ones who really decide who to invite sicne its their party
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Why not sit and have a heart to heart and see if he can just focus on you and your Fianc for the party? Then maybe take him out for some sister and brother time and focus on him and the issues he's dealing with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards