May 2013 Weddings
Options

Finally :)

I finally have my ring! It has felt so weird having it back on my finger and this is one is very different then the first one and it sits up a lot higher so I am trying to get used to it all over again. :)
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
Cake
my read shelf:
Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally :)

• Options
    That's awesome!  I'm so glad you finally have a ring back on that finger!!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yayyy! I'm sure that feels kind of strange, but now its a part of you so soon you won't even notice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That is wonderful news!
    May 2013 August Siggy Challenge
    hair Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Finally , so happy to read this
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! I know the feeling it took 5 weeks to get my ring back from resizing. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pics or it didn't happen!

• Options
    YAY for having the ring back on the finger!!!! :)

I'm about to be in that same situation! ...My engagement ring was also my grandmother's ring. She left it to me when she passed away in June 2008. I was wearing the ring on my right hand from then until he proposed in July 2011. Since then, I've been wearing the right on my left hand.

I've lost a bunch of weight in the past few years, so the ring is too big. We brought it to be resized and were told that the ring is too thin to resize the existing band, so they'd have to replace the whole band AND the prongs holding the diamonds need to all be replaced... Basically, we'd be restructuring the whole ring. So instead, I picked out a whole new setting.

I'm going tonight to drop off the original ring so they can take the diamond from it to place into the new setting... So I'll be without my ring for a week, and then, when I get it back next week, it'll be entirely different ring... I have a feeling this is going to be a bit tough for me to adjust...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    :) 

Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:7b58ed8e-c68d-43d4-9f5d-df51a298bbdfPost:9be23c54-fff8-48a1-a65e-512f178f64e9">Re: Finally :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY for having the ring back on the finger!!!! :) I'm about to be in that same situation! ...My engagement ring was also my grandmother's ring. She left it to me when she passed away in June 2008. I was wearing the ring on my right hand from then until he proposed in July 2011. Since then, I've been wearing the right on my left hand. I've lost a bunch of weight in the past few years, so the ring is too big. We brought it to be resized and were told that the ring is too thin to resize the existing band, so they'd have to replace the whole band AND the prongs holding the diamonds need to all be replaced... Basically, we'd be restructuring the whole ring. So instead, I picked out a whole new setting. I'm going tonight to drop off the original ring so they can take the diamond from it to place into the new setting... So I'll be without my ring for a week, and then, when I get it back next week, it'll be entirely different ring... I have a feeling this is going to be a bit tough for me to adjust...
    Posted by DivaJenD[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>A week would have been glorious, I have been without for 4 months! </div><div>
    </div><div>And trust me replacing the prongs now will be the best decision that you make so  that you don't have issues in the future. </div><div>
    </div><div>And do you have pictures, I would love to see it! 

</div>
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards