Flowers

Duchess / composite rose bouquet cost?

I have fallen in love with this duchess / composite rose bouquet... anyone have any clue how much they may cost?

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Duchess / composite rose bouquet cost?

• edited December 2011
    I learned to make them in florist school and they are NOT EASY to do well... Be real sure your florist is well trained and capable if you opt for this... a well done one is amazing... a bad one is plain tacky.    
    The petals are wired and taped and sometimes glued into place so lots of handling and labor...  overworking the delicate petals can be a problem... you just plain need a PRO... 
    With that I would say $200 up o get that skill level... 
    Certainly not something to shop price too much... 
    In spite of Martha Stewarts easy instructions be careful... glued ones can fall apart and using the wrong glues can cause strings of glue..and glued ones are very flat rather than rounded..... la de da...

That is a gorgeous photo and love the furled ti leaves on the back...great finish... good luck and hope this helps,,,, not trying to burst a bubble... just lending a bit of experience...  

take care and happy new year..
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you thank you thank you for your response! I'l definitely be keeping all of those things in mind while speaking with florists.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_duchess-composite-rose-bouquet-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:3e90a7d7-4754-4ed5-a3ce-9cef38899739Post:47498157-1a34-4fca-880b-db4b02ae704c">Re: Duchess / composite rose bouquet cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I learned to make them in florist school and they are NOT EASY to do well... Be real sure your florist is well trained and capable if you opt for this... a well done one is amazing... a bad one is plain tacky.     The petals are wired and taped and sometimes glued into place so lots of handling and labor...  overworking the delicate petals can be a problem... you just plain need a PRO...  With that I would say $200 up o get that skill level...  Certainly not something to shop price too much... <strong>In spite of Martha Stewarts easy instructions be careful</strong>... glued ones can fall apart and using the wrong glues can cause strings of glue..and glued ones are very flat rather than rounded..... la de da... That is a gorgeous photo and love the furled ti leaves on the back...great finish... good luck and hope this helps,,,, not trying to burst a bubble... just lending a bit of experience...   take care and happy new year..
    Posted by midgemoto[/QUOTE]

When I showed my florist the picture of what i wanted, she let loose with a string of curse words directed at Martha Stewart before explaining why this particular bouquet would be risky.  We  then talked for about a half hour and she came up with flowers that gave me the same feel of what I was going for and that cost about 1/4 of what I wanted originally.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we have done quite a few of these. Midgemoto is right when she says make sure you get someone who has experience to make them.   Size=$  the one you show here I would not touch for under $250.
  • JessicaPhanJessicaPhan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why not try ubloom.com JTV.. he shows you how to make a composite rose easily!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards