California-San Diego
Options

Getting ordained for the day in CA?

My fiance's mother wants to marry us! I have done some googling online but I'm getting confused.. Does anyone know how getting ordained for the day in California works, or an official website about how to get ordained in CA?

Thanks!! :)

Re: Getting ordained for the day in CA?

• Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Every state is different, every county is different. Call the county clerk's office to make sure you get the correct info you need.  
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are getting married in San DIego, check out this link.
    http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/services/marriage_civil.aspx

It has all the information, the form you need, and a number to call for help.  My dad did this for my future sister in law's wedding and it was super simple!  You are not technially ordained, but you are considered a legal deputy comissioner of marriage for one day.  So they are recognized to marry only you and your fiance on the referenced date.  My dad liked that because, being religious himself, he didn't like the idea of  being orgained online.  It didn't feel "honest" to him haha.  So he did this instead and there is no religious connection.  And only $50!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    melindasr5melindasr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married July 30 and this is the process we used. You can mail the application in or drop it off at the office and they send back info on how to go about marrying someone. Our friend also got a keepsake certificate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards