Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Let's Chat about it Monday!

Hi Everyone! It's Monday! Please feel free to AW (with Pics of course lol) or tell us about your "Checks" (aka your WR or NWR accomplishments) from over the weekend...

This will become our Weekly Monday post...

I'll start.....
I have neither...no checks and nothing to AW about...lol
But I had a great weekend anyway...
I went to Time Resturant for Resturant Week and the food was so good...I loved the braised beef on crostini course and their gnocchi entree dish. I also really enjoyed the lived jazz band that played!

I know some of you knotties had  some exciting things going on this past weekend...give us the deets :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!

• Options
    A busy busy weekend but nothing really wedding related.... Oh wait my guestbook and unity candle came but of course I missed ups Friday so hopefully I'll catch him today. Drexelbrook had a bridal show but I missed it :-(.
  • Options
    I had a nice weekend of cleaning and organizing!!  I returned/exchanged/purchased items from my registry and was able to use my gift cards from my shower :)  It was awesome cause I  had a car load of stuff and barely spent any money of my own :)   After that shopping trip, I cleaned and re-organized the kitchen and my bedroom.  Nothing WR got done this weekend....I did get my taxes done and finished FI's taxes too.  We need every penny for the wedding!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My makeup trial was a bust.  Seriously considering doing my own.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    @BlissPhilly: we went for Restaurant week, too. Alma De Cuba and Max Brenner. I liked Max Brenner better.. maybe coz i'm a chocolate person. Hahaa.

@ Saturninus: where did you get a your makeup trial?
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7079310a-9045-4f6e-b3e0-4cd86433f751Post:64d8910a-bb5c-4111-9b7e-2996e44c0d6e">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My makeup trial was a bust.  Seriously considering doing my own.
    Posted by saturninus[/QUOTE]

:-(

Why don't you try a different make up artist?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7079310a-9045-4f6e-b3e0-4cd86433f751Post:338964d3-a3d0-489a-aef6-d7006c42fe55">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@BlissPhilly: we went for Restaurant week, too. Alma De Cuba and Max Brenner. I liked Max Brenner better.. maybe coz <strong>i'm a chocolate person</strong>. Hahaa. @ Saturninus: where did you get a your makeup trial?
    Posted by tdmaus[/QUOTE]

Yuuumy..me too...I 'll have to give them a try!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7079310a-9045-4f6e-b3e0-4cd86433f751Post:e5fa0238-b485-44d2-a2e5-e148ff0b290b">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a nice weekend of cleaning and organizing!!  I returned/exchanged/purchased items from my registry and was able to use my gift cards from my shower :)  <strong>It was awesome cause I  had a car load of stuff and barely spent any money of my own :)</strong>   After that shopping trip, I cleaned and re-organized the kitchen and my bedroom.  Nothing WR got done this weekend....I did get my taxes done and finished FI's taxes too.  We need every penny for the wedding!! 
    Posted by adrienne0925[/QUOTE]

Woohoo, that's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7079310a-9045-4f6e-b3e0-4cd86433f751Post:2feb09b2-a69c-4fe0-a18c-91252ae1ac06">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A busy busy weekend but nothing really wedding related.... Oh wait my guestbook and unity candle came but of course I missed ups Friday so hopefully I'll catch him today. <strong>Drexelbrook had a bridal show but I missed it</strong> :-(.
    Posted by kamira87[/QUOTE]

Aww. Is that where you're having your reception?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @tdmaus Dylan Michael, they just aren't for me
    @BlissPhilly I just don't think there is a makeup artist out there that is going to blow me away at a price I can afford
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7079310a-9045-4f6e-b3e0-4cd86433f751Post:acf3b1cf-f5b4-420a-8b26-2282cf7987c0">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@tdmaus Dylan Michael, they just aren't for me @BlissPhilly I just don't think there is a makeup artist out there that is going to blow me away at a price I can afford
    Posted by saturninus[/QUOTE]

Try Tina Collins of Make Me Glam. She charges $65.  I am using her and I LOVED my trial!

<a href="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Make-Me-Glam/288737090388" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Make-Me-Glam/288737090388</a>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Saturday I got my STDs addressed and ready to send out (sending them out tomorrow). It took waaaay longer than I anticipated because I realized as I went through it that the guest list FFIL provided me of their side of the family was chock full of mistakes. So 5 calls to FI's grandma later, they're finally done.

Saturn - sorry to hear about your trial :-/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    I finished my BMs bouquets this weekend:
    I had them wrapped in just floral tape for what felt like forever, so it feels really good to have them done. We also scheduled our food tasting for March 11th. I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    My weekend was filled with wedding projects....just not for my wedding! I'm the Maid of Honor in a wedding in May so this weekend was devoted to doing lots of prep stuff for the bridal shower. I got the cutest shower invites and I found really cute recipe card templates. I'm pretty excited about both.

My project for this week is to finalize addresses since my save the dates should be in soon. Woohoo!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Options
    So this weekend I had a few checks done  Saturday I took three BM to order dresses, sunday I went with FSMIL to order her dress and tonight my MOH and jr. BM ordered dresses!  Just 3 more girls left :)  I also got my veil which is going to also be my something borrowed from one of my BM It is so super sweet of her to let me borrow it! I am so excited.

NWR- it was a pretty quite weekend other then all of the dress shopping!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7079310a-9045-4f6e-b3e0-4cd86433f751Post:93caa4b8-c163-48a7-ae8d-84227d5d4a31">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I finished my BMs bouquets this weekend: I had them wrapped in just floral tape for what felt like forever, so it feels really good to have them done. We also scheduled our food tasting for March 11th. I can't wait!
    Posted by Teep[/QUOTE]

<div>Those are awesome! Great job.</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards