New York-Long Island

DJ Recommendation and Lighting

Can anyone recommend a really good DJ that has accompanying live pieces (percussion, sax etc..) for around the $3,500 price range?  I am also looking for a vendor that does uplighting around the $1,000 or less range.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: DJ Recommendation and Lighting

• edited December 2011
    xtreme sounds does it all. we got all music, lots of lighting, 2 plasma screens with montages and zap shots for under $2400. Freddy is great to work with. and I have seen him at other weddings and events so he come highly recommended.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there-

I see a ton of DJ's and one of my last weddings that I photographed they had VJ Entertainment. The music was so good I wanted to put down my camera to dance!

My sister is getting married this weekend and I had her lose her deposit on the DJ she booked so she could hire them! lol  So if that is any indication...

She is also doing doing some pieces 'live' as well. I will try to get you a video sample at the wedding on Sunday - if you can wait : )

Stacey
    You got the ring. You have the man. Life is good. Now what? Document it. The crazy, the fun, and the happy moments that make up your lives. Check out my work, or give me a call and well gossip about all of your fun details for the "BIG" day! Thanks so much for considering, Stacey www.showandtellphotography.com www.showandtellphotography.blogspot.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married next week and I am using LI Sound. They are AMAZING and we got the White Package for lighting which is absolutely stunning!!! Ask for Chris.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Crowd Control Entertainment. They are providing us 4 hours for our reception. This includes DJ, MC and a light show for $1,050. The owner is Bryan, he was a recommendation from LJ, the radio personality with WBLI. My soon to be SIL is close friends with her, so we are pretty confident that our music will be great.
  • edited December 2011
    I second LI Sound!! Used them for my wedding!! Music was great and so was lighting pkg!!!
  • edited December 2011
    variety music is in your price range and they just won Knot's best of 2010 djs! (in long island). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • carriejohn09carriejohn09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Crowd Control. I actually got them off of here due to the great reviews. We are having them for 5 hours with DJ, Mc, and lights for $1100.00.
  • edited December 2011
    www.johnardenmusic.com

Complete package DJ MC plus 2 live musicians $2500.00
  • edited December 2011
    www.johnardenmusic.com

Complete package DJ MC plus 2 live musicians $2500.00
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Crowd Control Entertainment as well.  The owner Bryan has been great to deal with and we are excited to have one less thing to worry about!  We are getting DJ MC Lights including uplighting and a white uplighted dj booth at a very fair price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards