Not Engaged Yet

FFF Anyone?

13»

Re: FFF Anyone?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:ff736680-14aa-41f9-a946-e4f3a648b369">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? <strong>: But, "turning to someone else and having a seperate conversation" would be, in my mind, you and Aud texting each other or whatever...not having this conversation on the board.</strong> That was kind of my point. 
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

In my mind, it would be choosing to respond to other posts that have happened in this thread, like Drew mentioned in her post right above yours.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:bdbdff63-9062-4756-bb41-0b3826d29934">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : I can understand how it may hurt some people's feelings and that's fine, so I agree with both sides. I do think conversations will pop up and it happens all the time no matter what setting your in.<strong> Everyone can either wait for the convo to end or keep the original topic going</strong>. See how others are still talking around Sak's poop story? Kinda like that. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Or do what I do and incessantly demand to be filled in on whatever inside joke you missed.
  • I think Lauren was making a point about how "special" our texting each other is...seeing as it involved me as a nurse advising her as to when her bowel movements were clear enough for her to be ready for her colonoscopy this morning. 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:0a1773e8-b8b7-4693-b679-00d17294db69">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : I just meant that as a joke...and getting medical advice from a nurse because I didn't know what to expect.  I wasn't trying to prove that we're special snowflakes because we chat from the can.
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:bbe7f9f5-e7ac-4046-a567-152a1d4ad9e9">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Lauren was making a point about how "special" our texting each other is...seeing as it involved me as a nurse advising her as to when her bowel movements were clear enough for her to be ready for her colonoscopy this morning. 

I'm a little confused as to what this post is supposed to clear up for us. 

Regardless of the subject matter, it was an inside... erm, joke (?)... that was brought up on the board.  Nobody is upset about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:09a9ee12-d384-434c-99b3-d89fb8eb3c28">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? :
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahahaa! Sak, I never implied that, although I think you are a special snowflake, poop and all. ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>I just referenced how everyone else kept the conversation moving around that. It just happened that no one else was talking in the thread around Elle and I. </div><div>
    </div><div>It happens all the time. When Rdr and Bri posted a lot more, they did the same thing, as did Sousa and Yaga. It just happens. I'm sorry if I've made anyone uncomfortable by it because that wasn't my original intention. I remember feeling a little left out when I was a newbie, but hey, we are a close knit group. Nothing wrong with it. Conversations happen and they move on.</div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:19748f77-05f2-408d-a8ee-693e10df1eba">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : Hahahaa! Sak, I never implied that, although I think you are a special snowflake, poop and all. ;) I just referenced how everyone else kept the conversation moving around that. It just happened that no one else was talking in the thread around Elle and I.  It happens all the time. <strong>When Rdr and Bri posted a lot more, they did the same thing, as did Sousa and Yaga</strong>. It just happens. I'm sorry if I've made anyone uncomfortable by it because that wasn't my original intention. I remember feeling a little left out when I was a newbie, but hey, we are a close knit group. Nothing wrong with it. Conversations happen and they move on.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE<div>
    <div>It bothered me when they did it, too. This is not a personal vendetta. And, I understand that it will probably keep happening. I'm just pointing out that it bothers me. That's what FFF is supposed to be about, no?</div></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:4c2da69e-2fe2-4aed-922b-b2e5c2ff1d0f">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : I'm a little confused as to what this post is supposed to clear up for us.  
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to clear this up;<div>
    </div><div><div>[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : See how others are still talking around Sak's poop story? Kinda like that. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE] </div></div><div>
    </div><div>The only two people talking about Sak's poop were me and Lauren...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:bb76f2cd-6af1-4c1e-a23f-8344a7bb28d1">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : It bothered me when they did it, too. This is not a personal vendetta. And, I understand that it will probably keep happening. I'm just pointing out that it bothers me. That's what FFF is supposed to be about, no?

<div>Yep, sure is! I guess I just wanted to clear the air on my end. </div><div>
    </div><div>Now where the hell is FreeSpirit?</div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Did Sak post a picture or something that I'm not seeing?  Because I'm kind of confused right now.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:bb76f2cd-6af1-4c1e-a23f-8344a7bb28d1">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? :  It bothered me when they did it, too. This is not a personal vendetta. And, I understand that it will probably keep happening. I'm just pointing out that it bothers me. <strong>That's what FFF is supposed to be about, no</strong>?

Yeah, to an extent.  But we've had several similar conversations in the past:

"I flame anyone who participates in FFF"

or

"Why don't you just address your flame in the thread where it happens?"

etc.

...and the end result of all of them is the realization that we can't dictate how/what other posters post.  So I'm tired of flames in that context, I guess.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:7115abc6-c561-4114-b7f4-393026368c7a">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : It was supposed to clear this up; <strong>The only two people talking about Sak's poop were me and Lauren...
    </strong>Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

I was never confused about that.  And that's sort of the point.  You two were the only ones in on that conversation, and nobody complained about it.  I get that it was brought up just to serve as an example of an inside joke, but that doesn't change the fact that it was an inside joke being discussed here on the board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:0ef407b5-812c-4bd0-9c5e-c5b45437af3f">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did Sak post a picture or something that I'm not seeing?  Because I'm kind of confused right now. In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : Yeah, to an extent.  But we've had several similar conversations in the past: "I flame anyone who participates in FFF" or<strong> "Why don't you just address your flame in the thread where it happens?"</strong> etc. ...and the end result of all of them is the realization that we can't dictate how/what other posters post.  So I'm tired of flames in that context, I guess.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel that it's more productive to address this general, minor, annoyance in a thread that many posters are likely to read, than it is to go into each individual thread and tell people they're kind of bothering me, a little bit. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:f7fa6dea-3e97-4301-985e-66e8376aac02">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : Well, yeah. I think it would be kind of AWish, if every time I had a glass of wine with Lauren, I came into a post on here and <strong>made a point of talking about how Lauren and I were TOGETHER, because we're COOL enough to talk to/hang out with other people on the boards IRL</strong>.  I'm not saying, (not do I feel that I implied) that it's an intentional thing. Just pointing out that the repeated inside jokes/obvious references to things that happened away from this board have the potential to be hurtful to those that are not yet close enough to the group to have these kinds of interactions. Also, they may, in fact, discourage newer people from trying to become part of the group, since that kind of stuff makes it seem pretty tight knit and closed off. 

<div>Jorja, I flame this. There is a huge difference between two people veering into a conversation about something that happened IRL and 'making a point to talk about it because they're COOL enough to hang out with other board members IRL.'</div><div>
    </div><div>Regs get together. Some because they just happen to be geographically close. Some because they love each other SO much that they would travel across the country. Some regs text but have never met. Some are in the FB chat. Some use Gchat. Occasionally the real world blurs with the online world. But what you're accusing some board members of doing is rubbing it in others faces. Just because you're taking it personally doesn't mean it was done in a hurtful manner.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:e62e6500-52c8-4997-93df-212af87dae36">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : Jorja, I flame this. There is a huge difference between two people veering into a conversation about something that happened IRL and 'making a point to talk about it because they're COOL enough to hang out with other board members IRL.' Regs get together. Some because they just happen to be geographically close. Some because they love each other SO much that they would travel across the country. Some regs text but have never met. Some are in the FB chat. Some use Gchat. Occasionally the real world blurs with the online world. But what you're accusing some board members of doing is rubbing it in others faces. Just because you're taking it personally doesn't mean it was done in a hurtful manner.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not taking it personally at all, actually. I'm also not saying it is intentionally hurtful, but it doesn't matter if that was the intention or not, if the end result is still people feeling left out. It's the same concept as not handing out birthday party invitations at school if not everyone in the class in invited. </div><div>
    </div><div>It's fine if you're closer to some people than others, but you don't need to make that obvious to those NOT included. What is you were a newer poster who did consider themselves close to someone here, and then saw a bunch of inside jokes that happened off the board that you were obviously not a part of? Wouldn't you be a little hurt?</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm saying I don't think it has a place on the boards. Obviously, there are other places you can hang out and talk about the stuff that happens when you're hanging out together. Why do you need to talk about it on the boards?</div><div>
    </div><div>I make it a point not to spend multiple posts talking about shittt that wouldn't make sense to those not a part of inside jokes or events that happened off the board. I think it is unnecessarily exclusionary. </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:19748f77-05f2-408d-a8ee-693e10df1eba">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : <strong>Hahahaa! Sak, I never implied that, although I think you are a special snowflake, poop and all. ;)</strong> I just referenced how everyone else kept the conversation moving around that. It just happened that no one else was talking in the thread around Elle and I.  It happens all the time. When Rdr and Bri posted a lot more, they did the same thing, as did Sousa and Yaga. It just happens. I'm sorry if I've made anyone uncomfortable by it because that wasn't my original intention. I remember feeling a little left out when I was a newbie, but hey, we are a close knit group. Nothing wrong with it. Conversations happen and they move on.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    I luff you <3
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:2167c8e5-9741-4dd3-9823-a4d1903d5d9e">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : I feel that it's more productive to address this general, minor, annoyance in a thread that many posters are likely to read, than it is to go into each individual thread and tell people they're kind of bothering me, a little bit. 

You missed my point.  <em>I </em>wasn't saying you should address flames where they happen.  I was citing that as an example of a complaint that's been brought up before and is comparable to yours in that it's an attempt to dictate the content of others' posts, which, we've learned, is not possible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:c20e079a-c285-4977-9339-db2af9687fe9">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : I'm not taking it personally at all, actually. I'm also not saying it is intentionally hurtful, but it doesn't matter if that was the intention or not, if the end result is still people feeling left out. It's the same concept as not handing out birthday party invitations at school if not everyone in the class in invited.  It's fine if you're closer to some people than others, but you don't need to make that obvious to those NOT included. <strong>What is you were a newer poster who did consider themselves close to someone here, and then saw a bunch of inside jokes that happened off the board that you were obviously not a part of? </strong>Wouldn't you be a little hurt? I'm saying I don't think it has a place on the boards. Obviously, there are other places you can hang out and talk about the stuff that happens when you're hanging out together. Why do you need to talk about it on the boards? I make it a point not to spend multiple posts talking about shittt that wouldn't make sense to those not a part of inside jokes or events that happened off the board. I think it is unnecessarily exclusionary. 

<div>Honestly, this would not bother me, if it happened occasionally. I would think 'what a cool board, these people didn't know each other before, and now they're close enough to attend each other's weddings/visit each other/make each other baby stuff.' I do understand what you're trying to say, I just don't feel the same reaction to those posts that you do.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4fa7d8df-1ff0-49a8-9c28-993cab4d056bPost:308295cb-b13f-4ae5-a91b-f19cae6b0f55">Re: FFF Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF Anyone? : Honestly, this would not bother me, if it happened occasionally. I would think <strong>'what a cool board, these people didn't know each other before, and now they're close enough to attend each other's weddings/visit each other/make each other baby stuff.</strong>' I do understand what you're trying to say, I just don't feel the same reaction to those posts that you do.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]
    Tiger, this is so true.  When I started posting back in March of '09 (yeesh), I would have never thought that I would form real friendships with any of the other posters. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards