Arkansas

Food? (Hot Springs)

We're doing a semi-formal wedding at Mountain Harbor Resort.  I originally wanted a small, casual wedding but it is turning out to be a little bigger and more formal than I thought I wanted.  (It's all good though.)  ANYWAY, I still want to keep the food casual.  I don't want a full-on, sit-down, whatever encrusted fish truffle......  I'm trying to do that without being redneck.  Any suggestions?

Re: Food? (Hot Springs)

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the place at all (or the area), but do you have to bring in your own food?  I would just get it catered by a restaurant.  We did this for my rehearsal dinner - had the food delivered (Italian) and they include the sternos and everything was a buffet.  It was perfect and the food was great!

If you're looking for recommendations, I'm sorry that I can't help you out with that.  GL, though!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We had a buffet for our wedding.  Our reception was at the Elks Lodge and we had it catered by Special Touch Catering. 

If you don't want a formal sit down meal, then a buffet is a great option.  You can put anything on it that you want.  I really can't say enough about Joanne at Special Touch.  She knows pretty much everything there is to know about how to do a wedding reception and her food is awesome. 

• edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?  You should contact this catering company out of Helena, AR.  Their name is Janelle Stephen's Catering.  They don't have a website but their e-mail address is janellestephenscatering@gmail.com.  Their food is awesome!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Green Herb catering in Hot Springs is great...and if you want BBQ...Smokin in Style is FABULOUS and they cater cheap.  We are using Belle Arti and I'm super pleased, but its a nicer meal which sounds like you are trying to stay away from.
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is so odd about Special Touch.  Every time I called, JoAnne answered her phone. 
  • hannahweddinghannahwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cafe 1217 in Hot Springs. The food is upscale without being stuffy.
    daughter's wedding
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Eve Alven and I own Chiffonade Chef Services in Hot Springs, AR.  I am new to The Knot, but have received a number of inquiries because of it, so I began to check it out this week.  What a neat site!

Please take a look at my website, www.chiffonadechefservices.com or drop me an email at chiffonade@sbcglobal.net.  If you prefer, give me a call at 501-276-0082.  I would be happy to discuss your food service needs, and am very sensitive to both budget issues and nutritional concerns.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards