Texas-Austin

grooms cake help

I'm trying to find a bakery to do just our groom's cake...it's going to be the Notre Dame Stadium. I only need it to feed 30-40 people, 50 tops. Can anyone recommend a talented baker that is also affordable (I've been quoted by my venue over $1000 for this cake, so I'm hoping even with a $3 per slice cutting fee another place will be cheaper). Thanks in advance!

Re: grooms cake help

• edited December 2011
    We'll be using Michelle's Patisserie.  Check out her website.  She seems really good at creating those cool-looking grooms cakes.  Prices vary depending on flavor, but they range from 3.50 to 4 dollars a slice.  So, WAY under $1000!
  • AliM7287AliM7287 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    Blue Note Bakery - Angi the owner and her staff are very talented artists and they'll work with your budget. She made a Rice Owl, complete with face, feathers, talons, etc. for my FI's groom's cake. And, it was delicious - people were fighting over it. She's made the UT stadium, a six pack, an arcade table...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Classic Cakes by Lori in Dripping Springs....She is AMAZING and very talented...and affordable. She did both of our cakes - the grooms cake was an Aggie ring and it was so amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds a little unusual, but my wedding coordinator suggested the Lone Star Bakery in Round Rock. This is the home of the legendary Round Rock Donut . . . seems like an odd choice when looking for a cake, but the coordinator assures me that they're actually quite good and very affordable. I'm going to check them out for ours, so we'll see how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Tuscan Treats in Georgetown. They are very professional and affordable. http://tuscantreatsbakery.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards