Favors

Photo Favors

I run a photography business and am thinking about using some of my prints as favors.My colors are purple and black and my flowers are irises. I was thinking about taking a couple different pictures of irises,framing them in a black frame, and attaching a "thank-you" to the frame. I would leave one at every place setting, so that not every family ended up with the same pictures. If you were going to a wedding would you appreciate a favor like this, or would you think it was strange? Thanks.

Re: Photo Favors

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    from my answer on reception board:

Photos and wall art are really personal taste.  I think you might be putting a lot of effort into something that wouldn't be necessarily well received.  To be completely honest, I wouldn't have any use at all in my home for a picture of a flower in purple and black colors.  I might take it with me so as not to hurt your feelings, but I'd probably toss it once I got home.  Sorry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto trix
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Panda, dittoing Trix.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't necessarily think it was strange and I get why you would want to do this but depending on the guests' personal taste your favor might go to waste, which would be a shame for something so personal. Maybe you can incorporate your photos into some other aspect of your wedding, the invitations, menus, CP, etc>
  • edited December 2011
    I got a photo and frame once and it happened to be a little tacky.  It's personal taste, but I would just go with a little edible treat. That way the favor is likely to not be dismissed or wasted.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it would probably go to waste.  You could do another favor though and then take the pictures and use them on the tags.  You can get moo cards and do different pictures throught the favors.

http://us.moo.com/en/
  • edited December 2011
    I would do photo frames, to keep your passion for photography in the theme. 

Or you could even use the photo frame as the seating card, and frame the seating card.  It looks fabulous!

Here's a great site I have ordered from: http://thefavorlounge.theaspenshops.com/category/place-card-holders-and-frames.html
  • edited December 2011
    I love that idea! Photo favors are great, and they can really add a personal touch to your event! You mentioned a black photo frame. Check out this frame for your idea:

Black Baroque Elegant Place Card Holder/Photo Frame

http://persnicketygifts.theaspenshops.com/product/black-baroque-elegant-place-card-holderphoto.html/categoryid=df5d1f1c-26f6-4607-80d4-f17934ace944

It's elegant, which sounds like it would go with the style you are aiming for, and it's very inexpensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards