Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Dress Alterations

Has anyone had alterations completed by Anne Firestone in Mt. Adams? She was referred by the dress shop, and her estimated prices seemed reasonable ($150 for hem and bustle).

Any other alterations recommendations? I  need to get my dress altered soon, as my wedding is in mid-August!

Re: Dress Alterations

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You should have enough time for your mid-August wedding.

I briefly heard of Anne Firestone last year on this board.  We didn't use her.  But the ladies here did mention that she was an adjuct instructor at DAAP in Fashion Design.  I don't know how much practical experience that means, though.  But that tells you about her credentials.

We used Kim Dao Alterations in downtown.  We got a few quotes and she was the cheapest.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emilynafemilynaf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how did kim work out? Did she do a good job w/ alterations?
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_dress-alterations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:6046882b-9012-4693-ad1a-1ad6577b9021Post:1e2cb042-519f-4419-b09b-8e60fc3b0103">Re: Dress Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]how did kim work out? Did she do a good job w/ alterations?
    Posted by emilynaf[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, it was amazing.  When she hemmed, it matched the original seam, which was a double line instead of the usual single.  And her bustle is five points and very sturdy.  I went home very happy.</div><div>
    </div><div>I asked her how many times she has to redo her work because the customer wasn't satisfied with it the first time.  And she said very rarely, if at all.  Hope that gives some confidence in her detailed orientation.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards