Christian Weddings

AW: Praise for a wonderful weekend!

FI and I packed up everything I own Friday and drove it almost 1000 miles.
We didn't turn on the radio once and didn't listen the books on tape we each brought. It was not easily phyically, but it was one of the most spiritually uplifting experiences I have had in a long time. I am so thankful!
In AZ, we got a lot of unpacking done, and I feel so much better about what our life is going to look like after we are married.

Re: AW: Praise for a wonderful weekend!

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's intense, but it sounds like something FI and I would do. Everytime we drive home we don't turn on the radio and talk the entire way...but we're both conversation people.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    oh..i LOVE that!!!!!! (: (: (: 

it delights my heart!
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome!! FI and I use to talk the way to AR, but now I sleep the whole way because we leave at 4 am.  Sooooo now we talk the way back.  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, FI and I aren't as good about turning off the radio.  His family lives about 4.5 hours away, and we go down to visit every couple of months.  We usually play with the radio or ipod though.  We have been talking a lot more on our short trips lately, which is good!!  I can't wait until we travel for the HM - it's 6 hours of driving there, 6 hours back!!   :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, what happened with work?  Have you permanently moved or will you go back?
  • edited December 2011
    So awesome! I have a hard time being in the quiet, but I know it's something I need to work on. Sounds like you had a great weekend! 
  • kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_aw-praise-wonderful-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c6c4ac3c-834b-459e-89af-e9392913f72bPost:da9b85fa-6fbe-429d-8d0e-5f5b041cf3d5">Re: AW: Praise for a wonderful weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, what happened with work?  Have you permanently moved or will you go back?
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything from work, but my boss and I were on a trip this week with the execs so I didn't think he would say anything. I am going to stay and work for another month or so then go stay with family to finish planning the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards